𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 28🥀

Thanks chapter is dedicated to aleeshaabdull❤️❤️, she is the most loyal reader i have😇 her words always encourage me✍️, thank you so much dear🙏 and know that you have a special place in my heart🥀

I groaned slightly at the smell of disinfectant that greeted me, I struggled to open my eyes, I tried several times and I luckily did it this time around, my eyes fluttered open, I shut them as quick as I opened it due to the Blinding light that greeted me.
Just then the event earlier started playing on my head like a broken record, the gunshot sounds kept on playing on my head.

I sat up frightened, I shut my eyes and closed both my ears tightly with my palms, I started saying any supplication I can remember.

I felt presence and then arm threw itself around me and engulfed me into a hug
"Zahra, it's okay you're fine" I heard the person who hugged me saying, I seem confused and dumb I couldn't figure out who's voice it is, the gun sounds are getting much in my head.

"Stop the sound!!" I couldn't help but to cry out
The person hugging me took off my hands from my ears as she hugged me more tightly than before saying I will be fine it's okay, how am I sure I'm fine,  I kept on trying to get off the person's grip but the person hold me firmly, I kept on wailing for the person to let me go, my body feels soar the person's grip added nothing but pain, the sound kept on playing in my head, how sure am I that I'm safe with this terrifying sounds, how sure am I that I'm even alive.

I quickly opened my eyes with the blinding light welcoming me again but I didn't close the eyes this time around, I checked the environment I'm in, it seems to be hospital the annoying smell confirms that, ya jalal bursted in to the room with a doctor and a nurse trailing behind him, I looked up and the person hugging me is no one but Maami, I started sobbing hard as I place my head on her bosom.
She cried along patting my back, by now the sounds have somehow stopped.

" Zahra, you're awake, how are you now feeling" the doctor finally talked as she sat beside me, I nodded my head still laying on maami's bosom.
"Zahra how are you now feeling is there any pain?" She asked full of care.
"W..w...a..a..ter"  i croaked my throat is aching dried, Maami passed my a cup full of water, I gulped it down and required for more, which I got.

"There is pain in some parts of my body, my head is heavy and hurts, and wired gunshot sounds are playing on my head" I answered as I finished taking the water and sat up right with the help of Maami.
" well that's because of the incident, the gunshot sounds will stop with time and for the pain, it's due to the cuts you had and the scratch you got from the bullet, then for the head it's because you hit it pretty hard, but thanks to the almighty there is no concussion or any internal problem, the cuts have been treated and the ones that need to be stitched has been done, for the bullet scratch I will give you an ointment, you should be using it by God grace it will be fine" she smiled placing her hand over my shoulder.

She wrote some medicines and asked ya jalal to get it from the pharmacy, she left to check on other patients not after instructing the nurse to redress my head.

"Allah ya Kara sauki ya Kuma Kare gaba(wishing you speedy recovery and may Allah protect you from any harm in future)" the nurse prayed with a smile as she finished dressing the wound on my head.
I muttered an Amin with a smile while Maami only nodded.

"For how long have I been here Maami" I asked
"For the past 40 hours" she answered with a cracky voice.
"Almost 2 days.. how ..."

Maami started crying " it's almost time for magrib when jalal returned back home all terrified, he told us that you're in the hospital, I kept on wondering  what happened to you, I tried asking him but he said nothing, he just said zaheer just informed him, so we all left for the hospital and that's when we knew of what happened, may Allah bless zaheer, only Allah can pay him, May Allah fulfil all his future endeavors and may them be the best to him, he has been together with us through out we share the pain together, he is just like a family now, he's so worried about you, he spend all his day here and only leaves after 10:00pm, he has been trying over this case, he has been trying to get to the bottom and know who is behind all this, the culprits are all dead leaving no trace, the one alive just passed away early this morning..." She stopped and suck in deep breath