𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 20🥀

The  shining sun ray radiating trough the window successfully woke me up from my peaceful slumber.

Yeah with the help of my naughty friends ofcourse, they have no other hobby than disturbing my peaceful sleep.

I groaned for the umpteenth time toasting from one side of the bed to the other.

Ohhh I'm really stressed from work and today is going to be a long day and many more days ahead, we're to start our events today being Thursday.
Can't believe it today is the henna day.

"Zahra wake up" said azeema pulling my leg
"Please, some more minutes" I said hiding my face beneath my pillow
"The beautician is here,or are you not interested anymore" she said taking off the pillow.

Ya rabbi, we have a lot to do today, me sleeping won't be a helping matter, I sat up stretching my arms out of tiredness.

I dozed off the bed and entered the restroom, I did a little business there before walking out of it.

I met a waiting azeema, I smiled at her as I reached where she is patiently waiting for me.
"Sleepy head" she mumbled and walked away, I trailed behind her, I can't actually Cath up with her she walks so fast, I don't know if she's going to fly up at any time.

We headed to the backyard where the other ladies are, I greeted the elderly woman who is the beautician, hajja fanne, a Shuwa Arab woman the enhancing beauty in her screams that.

"Wayyo Allah na, it hurts it's okay" yelped ameera at the body waxing season
It's really funny what's the big deal in body waxing, just look at the way she is screaming, she kept on crying out of pain to which made my day, we kept on laughing at her dramas.

We(the girls) applied the kurkum mixture to our faces,hands and legs we dried it out using a burning  incense which smell heavenly, I softly rubbed the dilka on my soft skin to remove the dried kurkum and any dirt, man it's tiring.

Sh**t!! It hurts like hella, ya rabbi I never blame ameera for shouting, ya Allah damn it, hella shit.......
"Alhmdulillah" I sighed it relief, we are finally done, it hurts but I love my new skin it's super soft, tender as that of a baby, shinny and glowing.

"Wayyo, ya Allah, shhhhh, arggghhhh, it damn hurts" it's now azeema's turn to cry, she kept on shouting and snapping her fingers at the same time.
I laughed my head off just as they did when it's my turn.

I headed to the bathroom and took a long relaxing shower with a scented water, I tried washing away some stress off me, which i successfully did.
I got dressed in a black abaya and slipped into my flats.

~🦋~

No the bride will be at the center, pass me the red carpet, sweep this spot, readjust the dangling flowers, this... That.
I am stressed out of shouting and giving orders, we are recently decorating the backyard for the henna day.

Everything is set and ready, I kept the refreshments on the carpet and settled down.
The ladies arrive after pretty soon, the henna artist arrived too with her crew, they're just four in number.

The artist started with that of the bride, she started making the red tattoo on her palms and foots, before she started applying the black one.

A lady did mine as it's only in the hands, she professionally designed mine, have to admit it I love it, she started with the red design as well before the black one.

As per the kanuri and shuwa's tradition an unmarried lady is not allowed to have a henna design on her feet, we the ladies henna is just on our hand.
Have to admit it, I hate the so called tradition.

2 hours after...

Our hennas are done and dried, we washed it with scented water.
We later on dressed in the day's outfit and headed back to our earlier spot, we snapped different pictures, danced and eat a lot, it's really fun...

Walimah..

The house is full of troops of people, some side talking, the gossips squad's not left behind, aunts running up and down to place everything in order.
Today being the walimah day we all dressed in plain purple abaya and our yellow veils tied into an hijab.

I look so alluring, the shinny henna on my hands, I kept on snapping pictures, more like we kept on snapping pictures and many fun videos.

"Zahra you guys should come along with the bride" said aunty Aisha.
We headed to where the walimah is going to held, mallama juwairiya was called for today's lectures....

Wushe-wushe

Huh!! Alhamdulillah the annoying make up season is over, I took a look of myself in the mirror, I look so awesome Masha Allah, I spined around to check the make up from all angles.

I did my lapaya (a large veil used by the Shuwa Arabs and kanuri women) with the help of aunty Aisha, we the bridemaids are dressed in black lapaya.

While the bride is dressed in a red lapaya, she look stunning, we all look Masha Allah.
We are recently in my room with the bride.
Ameera's mood has lately change she is no more the chatterbox I know, she kept on rubbing her palms on her lapaya, she only force a smile on her face whenever the camera man ask her to, I have noticed that since when we are through the photo season.

"What's wrong with you ameera" I asked concerned
"Zahra am I really getting married, am I leaving Maami and baba behind, I won't have the freedom I had before, I won't be frequently seeing you, I won't be annoying ya jalal anymore, my beautiful farha, my amjad,I won't be getting scolds from Maami,you won't be always with me.."
"Take a deep breath in" I ordered as I cut her off.
She did as I asked her

"Did you love Farooq" I asked as I took a hold of her hand.
She nodded looking into my eyes.
"And he loves you?" I asked she nodded again.
"Then why are you worried, we are all here, we can visit you at anytime likewise you, remember you will be with the love of your life to build a home, you can do all with your husband, he will scold you, you will annoy him and many more, he is your Farooq of all people so worry not" I stated smiling

"Yes I know but I am so scared, I don't know why I feel nervous, please always be beside me because I know I can fail down out of nervousness" she said holding my hands.
"It's ok, I am always here for you right beside you" I said pulling her into a hug.

I don't actually know why brides have that phobia, in other to cheer her up I started snapping pictures with her, making funny videos on Snapchat and in no time I did that great job, she was Laughing her head off and the other girls later joined us,it was really fun...

"It's time, if you really want to get to the venue you all should ran out of the house" sang aunty Maimuna.

Help me adjust my lapaya, my bag, where are my shoes, my make up is ruined my phone.... That's how the girls kept on running up and down, some redoing their makeups, azeema ran out of the room applying mascara, fatu wearing bracelet, hauwa with her shoes in her hand....
While I am calmly munching on my cookies laughing, I didn't see what's the big deal in getting to the event center, we are all convoying to the center...

~🦋~

My loves how far, it's actually ameera and farooq's wedding, this chapter is kinda short manage before the next.

Love you all😘

XOXO 🌺
Ayesher🦋