23. The End Of The Shadow Man

A month later
After the ritual, I dumped half of the ashes from the ouija board into the river and the other half I buried, I did this just to be on the safe side that no magic would be able to bring it back or the Shadow Man. We also decided not to post the whole ritual on YouTube, however we just filmed a reaction to the ritual as we were being asked to show the footage, but we decided that we would give a trigger warning and also blur out the demon.
We have still been on ghost hunts since the ritual, however now we are even more careful and I have learned more spells to protect us during our investigations. I also had my puppy, which I named Teddy and Clare started school and made some new friends.

Today is Clare's birthday so we are having a surprise party for her. I have invited her friends over for a sleepover, some of them are actually fans of Sam and Colby so while everyone is setting up the house, I have taken Clare and her friends out for a meal. Once we are done we head back to the house and open up the front door where everyone jumps out yelling "surprise"
"Oh my gosh, thank you so much" Clare gushes
"Let's open presents" Devyn excitedly says taking Clare's hand and walking over to the kitchen table. She opens all of her presents, mostly getting jewellery and makeup. Finally it's my turn to give her my gift. Clare opens it up to reveal a silver bracelet with the words 'sisters forever' engraved in it, I then show her my matching one
"I love it so much. Thank you" Clare hugs me
"That's ok. Now, the garage is sorted for your sleepover so you can all go down there. Your all welcome to food and drinks that are on the side, just don't make to much of a mess and if there's anyone at the door don't answer it, get one of us to come and answer the door ok?"
"Yes mom" Clare jokes
"Have fun girls" Colby says making the girls giggle as they run off. The rest of us hang out in the living room playing cards against humanity until it's time we all go to bed.

Dream
I'm back at the Queen Mary staring in the mirror at my brother, he has blood pouring out of his eyes and has this evil grin on his face
"Remember what I said?" hw says
"Who are you?"
"You don't remember me, think long and hard. Rhys was the good one, the one father loved. Remember the Queen Mary.... Remember me"

I wake up in cold sweats, Colby is still asleep next to me. I sigh and get up and go to the bathroom to use the toilet. I then wash my hands then splash the water onto my face, I look up from the sink and see him, Rhys but the evil Rhys. The lights begin to flicker, I scream and then I hear the girls screaming downstairs. I run to them and see them hugging each other
"What happened? Is everyone ok?" I ask breathless
"It's not over, we're still haunted" Clare cries.

Ahhh that's the end of this book! I will be doing a sequel to this story if your interested, it's called 'The Evil One' I'm not to sure when it will be out, so just keep your eyes out for it. In the meantime if you haven't yet, I have an imagines book out and currently working on book 2 of 'The Mafia' so go and check those out. If you like Riverdale, check out 'Serpents' and 'Everytime'.