Chapter 16

The temperature of the house was nothing to the fire burning within Duke. 

He knew she was avoiding him. Her face remained indifferent when he made those phone calls, but her eyes... those doe eyes gave her away. She was scared. He wasn't sure whether it be of her fear of other people, the fear to move past her previous incident or if he was being too forward. The moment they made it back to the house, she practically bolted off the snow mobile. He gave her time wanting her to have a clear mind. However, after several hours have passed and the darkness descended, he wasn't going to wait anymore. He found her with a pale face and practically blue lips. She was freezing but she still hadn't come in. 

He raised his voice and was surprised that she snapped back. It didn't matter, he knew what he was feeling for her wasn't some Rescuer romance or some shit. He just had to prove it to the stubborn beauty. His lips caressing hers in the freezing cold warmed him but not enough to stop the shivers. He could see how her eyes instantly went into doctor mode and made him come in. He wasn't going to argue because she was colder than him but when they made it in the house, he instantly wanted to prove to her how much he cared. 

"Duke, wh-what are you doing?"

Her voice was quivering. Duke didn't say anything as he cupped her cold cheeks and brought his lips to hers in a soft embrace. It wasn't rushed or hard, it was gentle and filled with emotions he has yet to speak. Her fingers came up to clench his shirt making her grip it for balance. His hands came to her hips as if sensing her wobbly legs to keep her upright. His lips continued to dance against hers adding a bit more pressure. He could feel her hands release his shirt just to slide up and lock at the base of his neck. Duke couldn't help the growl that escaped as his movements became more heated. Her own whimper only fueling the flames coursing through his veins. 

His hands abandoned her hips to go to the back of her thighs. He effortlessly lifted her up never disconnecting their lips. Her legs wrapped around his waist clinging to him. He could feel his arousal becoming more prominent fully aware of her body pressed against his. One of his hands now rested on her ass while the other ventured to her neck where he gripped it keeping her as close as possible. He walked them over to the couch where he sat with her legs still on each side of him. Tala pulled back first as both their chests heaved sucking in air. 

"Duke, we shouldn't-" He cut her off pulling her neck to him and latching his lips onto the opposite side. Her words being caught in her throat as she felt his lips sucking the skin of her neck. She gulped and her voice came out breathless and low. "Du-Duke.. What about Rick?"

He pulled back only enough to whisper against her skin, "He's out cold, don't worry angel."

He brought his lips back to hers silencing any other objection. Her fingers began to thread through his hair making him unconsciously lean back his head farther back making her fingers press harder into his scalp. She sighed against his lips, and he took the opportunity diving his tongue into her mouth. The fire erupted in his chest tasting the sweetness of her tongue dancing around his own. He couldn't get enough and continued devouring her mouth like she was an oasis to his desert. 

He groaned into her mouth before his arm twisted her and him making her fall onto the couch with him above her. Her legs opened allowing him to lay down between them. His hips began to dip into her own. The moan she released practically made him cum right then. It had to be the sexiest thing Duke had ever heard. She lifted her own hips to match his while her hands gripped the sides of his face making their lips meet once again.

Knowing he was about to lose control, he pulled back looking down at her. Her eyes were dilated, lips were swollen, and her hair was all over. It was the most perfect picture to Duke. Squeezing his eyes shut, he tried to calm down slightly but all he could see was her in this state.