Chapter 6 - Walk to The Flower Field

"I'm Jasper by the way, Jasper Hale" Jasper says as we leave the lunch room

"Stella Pearl" I reply my smile yet to drop or falter

"Nice to meet you. What class do you have next, Miss Pearl?" he asks flashing me a smile

"Umm let me check" feeling a wave of disappointment hit me when I let go of Jasper's hand I reach into my back pocket to grab my schedule "It says that I have a study hall off campus."

With a cheeky smile he replies "me too, come on you can come with me to my usual spot" he drags me out the door not really giving me an option, not that I was going to say no.

It's not raining like it was this morning but it is very foggy and gloomy. Jasper is leading us behind the school towards the woods. As we reach the edge of the woods I stop, he turns and worriedly looks at me.

"Why did you stop?" he questions

"I've seen this movie, this is where you drag me into the woods and I am never seen again." I joke but also kind weary because a stranger is trying to pull me into the woods; granted a hot stranger but a stranger nonetheless. He looks at me hurt that I would ever think he would hurt me.

"Come on sweetheart you can trust me I promise." I have heard that one before. But the way he called me sweetheart made me start to slip and I had to fight it. Now is not the time to be little and have my guard down.

"Oh it's still Stella to you" I say with a joking sas but also making no move towards the woods.

"Okay Stella," he starts putting an extra emphasis on Stella "you can choose to trust me, come to my favorite place in all of Forks and if at any point you are uncomfortable we will come back immediately or you can turn around and sit in this boring school for 45 minutes with nothing to do and no one to talk to."

So I balance my options: follow cute boy into the woods or sit alone in the cold. "Fine but know I live with the sheriff so if I go missing," I pause contemplating what to say next "honestly he probably won't care because he doesn't know who I am."

"I don't believe that your to special for anyone not to care.'' Jasper says tucking some hair behind my ear. All I could do was look into his eyes. It's like my eyes were stuck, glued in place. Finally shaking from his intense gaze.

"Yeah, tell that to my mother." I say under my breath. Jasper gives me a look that tells me he wants to know more, but I cut him off before he gets a chance "So aren't you supposed to be taking me to some secret spot in the woods to kill me?"

Without saying anything he picks my hand back up and starts leading me through the woods.

About 10 minutes into our walk up the mountain I started getting seriously worried.

"Okay before I was joking but now I think you might actually be dragging me to my death." I say in a weary voice

"Come on, Miss Pearl, it's not that much further."

"Are we even going to have time to see this totally special secret spot? I mean we are going to make it up there and have to turn back around." I ask

"Well normally I make it up here faster but not today" Jasper replies looking at me with fake mockery.

"Sorry I wasn't expecting to hike a mountain during free period" I shoot back

"Yeah yeah well to late because we are here" I turn to look at what he was talking about.

"Beautiful" is the only word that came to my mind.

"Told you, now you haven't even seen the best part" Jasper grabs my hands and leads me to the left side of the field and back into the woods to reveal the most beautiful pond I have ever seen.

"A pond? I mean as beautiful but this is one of the coldest states and it's constantly cloudy, if you ever try to swim in that you would get hypothermia." I state

"Okay well first of all its a hot spring," he said looking at me like I was dumb "and second I don't get hypothermia" the second part was said with a look like I was on the outside of a joke. With nothing to say back I just shake my head and laugh.

Jasper said a quick and quiet "come here" as he pulled me back to the flower field and sits down, well I just look at him.

"What you doing?" I asked in a sing song voice

"Well waiting for you to sit with me darling" the way he called me darling made me melt. I turn my face away to trying to hide my blush but failing. Jasper Just smirks, swinging our still connected hands.

_____________

Hope y'all are loving it. Let me know what you are thinking