Chapter 9 - The Truth Comes Out

I didn't sleep very long, awaking with the feeling that someone is watching me, but just as quickly as the feeling came it went. Shaking it off and rolling over, I just go back to bed. By the fourth time I wake up with the same feeling I am pissed.

"If you are going to watch me and keep me awake you could at least say hi." I state

"Hello" I hear

I sit up and scream, loudly. I feel a cold hand quickly clasp over my mouth silencing my scream. My terrified eyes look up to meet his beautiful golden ones.

"Sorry darling I didn't mean to scare you, but to be fair you did ask me to say hi." Jasper chuckles but I find absolutely 0 humor in this situation. Jasper is now kneeling next to my bed.

Removing his hand from my face I look at him dumbfounded "I didn't think anyone was actually in my room! What are you doing here? Wait, how did you get in here?"

"I needed to talk to you." Jasper said hesitantly

"In the middle of the night, this couldn't have waited until tomorrow?"

"No I need to talk to you now" he replies

This whole situation is making me very anxious but I also feel a clambness that's being almost pushed on me, kinda weird.

"Okay you are freaking me out, tell me what?"

He takes a deep breath "I need to know, do you feel it too? It's like we are pulled towards each other. Like we are meant to be."

Okay now I am really confused but I also somehow know exactly what he is talking about and the answer is yes. Without thinking about it I lightly nod.

"You do?" He replies with an overwhelming sense of happiness. I node but more prominently this time. Jasper gives me the most beautiful and contagious smile ever. Jumping off of his knees and lifting me into the air, Jasper spins me around.

All of the sudden the air became thick with nervousness and Jasper put me down on my feet and his beautiful smile is nowhere in sight.

"What's wrong?" my heart drops and I begin to panic when Jasper steps away from me.

Jasper keeps backing away looking at the ground. "Jasper." I demand his eyes.

"Stella, I need to tell you something. I need you to hear me out and try not to freak out"

"Okay well that alone freaks me out, what is going on?" concern dripping from my words

"First of all I need you to know that you are safe and we don't hurt anyone." Jasper speaks slowly, taking a step towards me. I step back at the same time causing my legs to hit the bed. I am feeling very scared and cornered. I quickly move myself away from the bed and Jasper.

"What do you mean you don't hurt anyone? People who don't hurt anyone don't specify that they don't hurt anyone." I basically shout

"I need you to trust me" Jasper replies trying to stay calm

"Trust you! What is there to trust we just meant, you snuck into my bedroom in the middle of the night, and now you are telling me you and your family don't hurt people; excuse me for freaking the fuck out." I yell silently hoping to wake up Charlie, the cop, from downstairs but also knowing that there is no way he can hear us.

"Stella I know how it sounds but you can trust me you need to trust me. We are literally made to be each other's perfect match." Jasper rebuttals

"Okay now you are talking crazy perfect matches don't exist" I think this man has truly lost it.

"It does in my world" Jasper's speaks in a calmer tone but I can tell there is more nerves behind it than he's letting on.

"Your world?" I copy his calm and nerves tone

"Stella our worlds are much different as similar as they may seem from the outside"

"Jasper, what is your world?"

"I'm a vampire"