[12]

***

***

The following days after the second task, Fleur had bombarded me with an unnecessary amount of attention. I could tell not only Gabrielle but Fleur's friends were concerned for her well-being. She was traumatized at the thought that her competitor had to save her sister because she could not. But I kept reminding her that it wasn't her fault; she only had bad luck.

As if Fleur's constant buggering wasn't enough to set me on edge, Timothée hadn't spoken to me since our fight a few days before the Yule Ball. Instead, he would send me constant glares and confirm that I was insane to his friends whenever I was in earshot. Angelina kept reminding me that we were still in a relationship which I was now, more than ever, eager to get out of. But whenever I would get close to Timothée or one of his snooty friends, they would rush away. That was annoying Fred and George more than anyone.

"D'you think that Timothée guy is just scared of you by now?" Lee asked in my ear one day while we walked past the group of Beauxbatons boys. Timothée was doing his scheduled glare before turning his back to us and starting a conversation with Chase.

"I do not know what he's feeling at this point. But what I do know is that I want it away from me," I said.

"Hear, hear," Fred agreed and slapped George on the back.

"Don't you have a charms test today? You should be focusing on that more than your lunatic boyfriend," George stated, rubbing his shoulder where Fred had also hit.

"Since when do you care about education?" Angelina cut in, and he shrugged.

"I care about education more than that prat," the Weasley nodded behind us to where Timothée and his friends were waiting for class to start.

"Well, right now, a charms exam does not seem as hard as getting Timothée to speak to me," they all murmured in agreement and started up a new subject for conversation. Once we made it to the first floor, I said goodbye to my friends who had History of Magic. Then, I went up another floor by myself and joined my fellow Beauxbatons students in charms class. Fleur was in my charms, so, like it had been for the past three days, she gave me a tight hug and began rambling about her day so far.

"Are you ready for the charms exam?" She asked, and I nodded as we filed into the classroom assigned for charms. As people were taking their seats, a tall woman with a torn and dirty brown pointed hat walked in. She had short greying hair and was wearing a green turtleneck with muddy beige pants; a maroon coat was thrown over her shoulders to complete her earthy outfit. Many people in our class grimaced at her appearance.

"I'm Professor Grubbly-Plank, and I'll be supervising your test today --" the woman began. She was interrupted by Alaira raising her hand. "Yes?"

"Why not have Headmistress Maxime supervise us?" She asked, crossing her arms. It took a few seconds for Grubbly-Plank to filter out Alaira's thick french accent and figure out what she was saying.