[22]

***

***

I was dreading today even before it began. I had my first Divination class with a professor who gave off the impression of a large bug with her ridiculous glasses. When I first mentioned Divination to Angelina, she laughed, rubbing my arm as she said, "awe, dear, well, not all classes are what you want." Despite everyone complaining about the class and the professor, I found the study of Divinations rather interesting. Like Care of Magical Creatures, we didn't have anything close to Divination in France, and I admired the idea of seeing the future.

Unlike all my other classes, I was alone on my journey to Divination and felt relatively small as I examined the cluttered room. It was full of plush chairs, tables, teacups and reeked of strong perfumes. I felt dazy as I sat on a random plush.

The room began filling with students, some I had seen at the Gryffindor table but many I didn't recognize. I tapped my finger against the soft tablecloth, waiting for the professor just as someone sat down next to me. I turned to see a large Gryffindor boy towering over me, his shoulders as broad as three textbooks in a row, and his coarse chocolate hair stiff in place.

I smiled weakly at noticing his darkening eyes. He then pointed to his chest, leaning forward slightly and widening his eyes. "Cormac," he said, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Cormac," he repeated, and I blinked a few times.

He pulled away his hand before placing it back. "Cormac," he tapped his chest.

"I speak English," I told him, and he moved away from me.

"Oh," he dropped his hand. "Okay, well, I'm Cormac, as you can tell. Cormac McLaggen," he stated, a slight smirk falling onto his face.

"I've noticed," I said much quieter compared to his proud boom of a voice. He looked at me expectingly, and I realized what he wanted. "I'm Nadeleine Delacour," I stuck out my hand, and he shook it gracefully; I was going to retract it when he held onto it tighter and leaned down to kiss it.

I laughed stiffly as he released my hand. "It is most lovely to meet you, Nadeleine," he purred, and I nodded, trying to signal that I agreed, which was a lie.

"Welcome, children!" A shriek rang through the room, and I snapped my head away from Cormac to see the professor I had seen a few times rush into the room. Her eyes were bulging and her layers of robes gliding across the carpet. "My name is Profesor Trewlany! And our final year, we will be diving into every part of ourselves to unleash a power greater than ever before!" Trelawny exclaimed, raising her hands dramatically, which most students didn't seem to enjoy. They all looked exhausted of her antics already, but she intrigued me.

"Today, we will be reviewing what we learned last year by doing cartomancy readings. I have displayed your selected cards in front of you all, and you shall begin the readings with the person opposite you," as Trewlancy finished, decks of cards appeared in front of everyone. Everyone began as I spread out my cards, with Cormac doing the same.