[31]

***

***

I took the opportunity of the Weasley's, Harry, and a few Order members going to visit Mr. Weasley at the wizarding hospital here in Britain to go shopping with Fleur and Benjamin for Christmas presents. It was Christmas day, but I was confident what I would be buying, as was Fleur and Benjamin. My family all knew we weren't genuinely wanted by many of the Weasleys to visit the hospital, so we stayed behind. At the same time, only Lucien went to discuss Order business with Mr. Weasley.

I also knew Mrs. Weasley and Ginny were displeased that not just me but Fleur would be intruding on their Christmas. But my happiness of seeing Fleur overwashed most of the burning guilt. We were only waiting on Fleur, who couldn't decide which pair of earrings to get our mother, and it ended with Benjamin snatching one of the pairs in her hand and buying them for her.

When we returned from shopping, we saw Sirius sitting formally on one of the loveseats in the living room, not speaking a word to the guests across from him, which was odd for him. Fleur and I gasped as our parents stood up, and Gabrielle rushed over to me, engulfing me in a giant hug, and I dropped all my bags.

"Mother! Papa!" Fleur exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"We first came to check up on Gabrielle, but once we heard both of you were in the area, we had to have a family Holiday," mother explained, and I smiled, squeezing Gabrielle.

"Oh, that's lovely. But we already have more people than expected," Benjamin cut in.

"How many more? I thought it would just be our family and a few Order members," Papa asked, and we all hesitated.

"Erm —" I was cut off by the front door opening with over a dozen shoes stomping the snow off them. Sirius jumped up and grabbed the bags I dropped in a hurry not to spoil the presents.

"Kreacher! Come help me! Now!" He yelled, and the house-elf appeared in a flash. He snatched Fleur and Benjamin's bags and disapparated while Sirius ran up the stairs to throw mine in my room. My parents and Gabrielle stared at where Kreacher was with wide eyes, having never seen such a scene before.

"Fred! George! Come help your brother!" We heard Mrs. Weasley screech as a few sets of footsteps walked into the Kitchen.

"Sirius!" Harry shouted across the house.

"In here, Harry!" Benjamin replied, and the door to the living room opened. A confused Harry, Hermione, and Ginny walked in, expecting to see Sirius hopping in joy to have company again. Still, when they saw only the Delacour family, they furrowed their eyebrows.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry said quickly.

"Who are these people?" Ginny asked, pointing to my parents. She sent Gabrielle an odd look as well, even if she's met her.