The decision - part 2

(Sorry, I know it's been a while since I updated this story, but the truth is that back then no one was really interested in this story and as I was reading through the ice age fandoms all the other writers seemed to put away a little their stories, but lately I just got a lot of notifications about this fanfic like: it got a vote or added to the library. And I am really thankful! After seeing the notifications I considered to CONTINUE it! The other reason I didn't write anything lately is because my years in high school got a little hard and I just started university this year. With all these online classes and exams I feel like my stabil mental health said a little goodbye to me. Don't worry I haven't met my pineapple husband yet XD and hopefully me and my stabil mental health will meet again in summer.
Thank you for your patient waiting and votes! Have a nice summer everyone! NOW! Where was our little weasel lass?)

  On the third day I woke up with the typical smell of rain and its calming sound. After sitting up I stretched and regretted it immediately. Note to self: stretching is NOT so pleseant with scars on your back. Never mind.
   I sat not too far from the entrance of the cave. I slowly walked closer to it carefully, not to put too much weight and pressure on my bad ankle. I looked out. I had to admit that Buck's home had a pretty view. It was even more beautiful in the rain. I haven't seen rain since that one hot summer when that flood almost washed everyone to their death...good old days...I wonder what happened to that mammoth who thought that she was an opossum. Poor thing must have had a childhood.
   It started to rain more heavily than before. It was so beautiful. Everywhere you looked all shades of greens could be seen in the jungle with a little fog, adding a mysthical effect to its beauty. Huge waterdrops were flowing quickly down the leaves of  many kinds of trees. Ready to give water to the thirsty earth. Letting it drink up it all.
    Then as I looked down I saw a familiar weasel with an eyepatch on his right eye. His only eye, which was as blue as the heavy raindrops, met mine. I felt a shiver, but not from cold.
    Last night I dreamed about us. I mean my old childhood friend. We were young and were playing happily.
Imagining all kinds of things that children make up while playing. We were near the lake which was always his favourite place. He always begged me to go there. He knew my fear of water and didn't pressure me to go onto the ice. He on the other hand loved to practice cathing fish. His father just taught him how to do it at that time and he loved to see his father's proud smile. He loved to scare me too. Sometimes he pretended that he got into trouble and fell into the water then waited a little to make sure I had a heart-attack, then he would come back to the surface to tease me. His parents scolded him many times for it.
  Once when he did this I panicked so much that I felt like that I must help him before he dies, despite the fact that I can't swim. I jumped after him, but I even failed to save myself. I just tried to keep myself above water and called for him. And just like that the young weasel appeared from nowhere and helped me. I was very angry and scared.
"Are you out of your mind? We could have died!" I yelled at him. His eyes widened and opened his mouth, but no words left his lips.
Then he spoke: "I'm sorry I didn't think that I could still fool you with that."
"You can always 'fool' someone with the fear of losing someone when they had already lost everyone!" This time I shouted at him. I never felt so angry.
"But of course you obviously don't know what I mean because you still have BOTH of your parents! I will always have a  fear losing you! I have no one else." At the end of sentence I ended up crying. Now he was sorry. It was written on his face. He put one of his paws on my shoulder and rubbed it gently.
"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean t' scare ya. From this time on I promise we will always have each other. No matter what. You won't lose me."
That evening he gave me that bracelet I still keep in my shell necklace as a sign of his promise. He made two. One on his paw and the other is on mine. A pair. A pair of bracelets that cannot be torn apart. Two little weasels who promised not to leave each other alone. Who always have one's back when something happens.
   Unfortunately we never met after the saber attack. I cannot really remember what happened after that. I was searching for him. Then the days passed and everyone started to call me the saber killer and all kinds of bad rumors started to be spoken of me.
    When Buck climbed up to the entrance of the cave I helped him by taking the huge leaf of something from his paw. It smelled like fish.
  " Did you have a nice dream sleeping beauty?" He asked jokingly. I just stared at him while blushing a little.
"You were smiling a lot in your sleep. It must have been a beautiful dream."
"Was I really smiling in my sleep?"
I asked a little embarassed. He just chuckeld and then averted his gaze. Then looked back at me and said: "Like a fool in love." As I turned even redder than my fur he laughed.
"And you were also mumbling about some promise about never leaving you alone. So? Who's the lucky one?"
He asked smiling and tried to wink with one eye. Or was he just blinking?
"I...." He was waiting curiously for my answer.
"There's no lucky one." I said quickly as I opened the leaf. Yep fish.
"You're a really bad liar." He said still smiling. His lower teeth poking out of his jaw because of his underbite.
Seeing I'm uneasy about the topic he said: "Allrighty then I won't press the matter." 
I quetly said a thank you for his understanding.
"So how's your ankle? Does it still hurt or is it a little better?"
"It still hurts a little bit, but after you put that smelly plant on it now it's much better."
"Told ya it will do the trick. It's a bit smelly, but effective." He said chukling as he took another bite of his fish.
"Just a bit? Then you have a little problem with your nose."
"Nah, lassie I may have only one eye, but there is no problem with my nose." And it seemed like he tried to wink again, but I still couldn't decide if he was just blinking or not.
"Oh really?" I asked teasingly.
"Oh really." He said chukling. "If your ankle healed enough and you stay down a little I can teach you what can a good nose tell you in some parts of the jungle."
"I'm quite curious now." I said smiling. "Okay. I'll stay down. And if your nose fails to prove you..."
"It won't." He said cutting me off. "But if it does I'll teach you how to swim. You cannot just go on without the knowledge of how to swim. If you stay down then you will need it."
"I don't think you can teach me in a few days."
"And if I do?"
"Winner's choice."