Something new

The next day started a little awkward. Last night after we ate the fish Buck showed me a fruit. It tasted a bit strange but was delicious. Later as I started to feel a little light headed he told me that it might make you a litttle drunk. I don' think I have to tell how badly I woke up this morning. Never had I such a hungover.
   Once I tried a fruit which also had the same effect on you and I had a little hungover the day after, but it was not that bad.
    As I became conscious I opened my eyes and felt something warm around me. Turns out Buck and I ended up somehow sleeping next to each other, his left arm resting peacefully on my waist. I quickly climbed out of this 'embrace' and tried to clear my head.
I remember after eating from the fruit that we started to sing and Buck even danced a little, calling me join him, obviously forgetting about my bad ankle.
   I looked out of the entrance. The rain must have stopped in the night. Yesterday it rained all day. Now, the ground and leaves were still a little wet, but it was not raining anymore.
That means Buck will take me out a little bit today. He told me yesterday that he will show me around a little bit. We won't go too far of course as my ankle still needs to rest.
   At a groan and yawn I turned my head to the source of the noise. He was waking up slowly, and I can tell that fruit had an effect on him too, because he seemed to have a headache.
"Damn, I shold 'ave known better than to eat to much of those fruits."
He said rubbing his forehead.
"Good morning to you too."
I said smiling. He looked quite funny.
"Good morning." He said, looking up at me. "Last night you sang beautifully even though you were a bit drunk."
I blushed and averted my gaze.
    We ate our breakfast and then for the first time I left his home.
He helped me to climb down.
And then slowly we started to leave. Sometimes stopping for me.
    When we stopped the next time it was near the lake he saved me a few days ago.
He told me that we will take a small trip through the valley of giantflies, then the cave of echos and then maybe we cut down the lenght of the way to home through the cahsm of death, though he said that it's not a really good place to take tourist there, still he talked about all these places in such awe and excitement in his voice and yet he was all dramatic.
When I asked him what does he mean by giantflies his answer was:
"Ah, it's originally means the giant butterflies, but you know, the valley of giant butterflies would have been too long so we decided to make it shorter, and we got giantflies." He said, smiling in a kind of crazy way, from ear to ear as if he had just told me something genious. But something got my attention in his answer:
"We?"
"Oh, yeah, it was Carl's idea to shorten the name". He said, pointing behind his back.
I looked into the direction where he pointed and was shocked:
There was a skeleton of a small dinasour lying under a bush, it was hard to tell what kind of dino could have it been, when it still lived.
I looked back at Buck dumbfounded, wainting for an explanation, though I was not sure if I wanted to hear it.
"Oh, you know poor thing died before we could celebrate the naming of the place. You know Carl had a knack for getting in danger, I used to save him quite a lot." He said this looking kind of nostalgic and sad at the same time.
    After we arrived at the valley of giantflies I was  bit disappointed. No giant butterflies could be seen, but huge plants instead everywhere.
Then Buck pointed up with his typical crazy smile, and again, my eyes followed where his finger was pointing.
The huge plants in reality were huge flowers if one kept looking at it carefully. And on top of them were those giant flying things. I watched in awe as butterflies come and fly away from the flowers, and yet at the same time I was a bit worried too. I know these are only butterflies, but still they were just so big.
Buck cut down a vine with his knife and showed to which part of the huge flowers were good places for my ankle to climb up safely and comfortable. At the top of the flowers the view was beautiful, the colourful huge flowers adding a lot to make it more breathtaking.
I was still in awe when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked at Buck who was carefully climbing onto one of the giant butterflies, or as Buck and poor Carl named them giantflies, and sat down, inviting me to follow him. Now I was skeptic: it was one thing to watch these giantflies, but sitting upon them for a fly was a scary idea for me. But nevertheless I did it as Buck was watching me with a suprised face.
"No worries Beck, it's only a butterfly."
He said, not really reassuring me.
As I sat down behind him, he motioned the giantfly to fly.
And we left the valley of giantflies.
I looked down, at first a bit worried, fearing I'll faint from the sight, but I didn't. It was more beautiful than what I imagined it would look like.
But still I hold onto Buck. My ankle was already a pain in the back, I didn't want another injury.
As we were flying I was really shocked. This place under the ice was even bigger than what I thought.
It was breathtaking: the dinosaurs, some moving on the ground, some taking their times at lakes, and some, that were able to, flying not too far from us. Giant trees, and sometimes waterfalls came into our sight.
It was wonderful.
And all I could think about was that this was definitely the beginning of something new. Something wonderfully new.
And with that thought I just kept holding onto Buck and watching everything in awe as we passed them with our butterfly, and waiting for our flying trip to arrive to its destination. Waiting curiously for what this wonderful new place has yet to show me.