plane ride {2}

You began boarding your plane at 2:35 p.m. the next day.

You weren't really used to flying alone, you had done it once when you had to join your family on their vacation after your finals week because they couldn't have just waited for you and then left, for some reason.

As you stepped onto the plane a chill came over your body and you were glad that the blanket you packed was in your carry-on rather than in your luggage. You walked throughout the aisle glancing at each row to try and find your seat.

You were hoping that the people who were sitting next to you wouldn't be too loud or weird, but knowing your luck it wouldn't be too off-brand if that were to happen to you.

You found your seat toward the back end of the plane and were surprised when you were met with nobody else in your aisle. Obviously, there were still more people boarding the plane, but not enough that your aisle would end up being filled, so you couldn't really complain.

Based on your ticket information, you were given the window seat. It wasn't ideal, it only irked you a bit if your row happened to be filled. You hated having to get up to use the bathroom and moving past people, it was already crowded as is.

but at least you'd get to see the view.

You started to settle yourself into your seat, taking out your phone and your laptop so that you could watch something later when your flight inevitably got boring.

As you heard the pilot's voice through the speaker, you knew that it was getting more real. You were leaving your home state and finally getting to see your friends again. Your excitement blocked out the words of the pilot which you figured were probably just reminders of putting on your seatbelt and turning off your electronics, which you had already done.

As you felt the plane take off, a wave of nervousness washed over your body. Planes caused you a bit of anxiety, but it wasn't too bad to the point where you couldn't focus on something else to distract your mind.

Eventually, you were miles above North Carolina and on your way to Texas. 

-----------------

Short chapter but I already have the next one written out and it will be worth the wait! Just needed to lay out the plot in order for it to actually make sense. :)