late night text {11}

I know, I know... It's been so long since I last updated but I really haven't had any free time at all, I've had this chapter sitting in my document for like a week and just haven't gotten around to editing and posting. Hopefully, updates will be more consistent soon. 

Happy Reading :) 

---------------------------------------

It had been officially 5 days since you got to Texas.

Things have been going very well. You would constantly forget about the fact that you had to go home. There were so many moments where you just thought life would be like this forever and when you realized it wasn't going to be, that feeling kind of withdrew you from the moment to wallow in your own sadness.

You tried not to think about it though. You basically still had 2 weeks left and you couldn't complain.

You had stopped sleeping on the couch and moved yourself into Kalynn's room, you had asked her 1000 times if she was sure she was okay with it and she practically begged you to stay in her room with her.

Last night You, Weston and Kalynn actually all fell asleep in there.

Just like old times.

Things with Weston on the other hand had been.... Weird.

Since the day at the pool, whenever you guys are alone there's always that weird feeling in the pit of your stomach that you couldn't seem to shake off. You knew that he felt it too because of the way he would change his tone and his voice, and especially the things he would say.

Nothing really big had happened between you since the day at the pool but with every joke and every slight touch and every time you watched him walk around the house half-naked in the morning...

He was right, you were falling for him.

As much as you loved the romance aspect of your trip, it also kind of upset you a bit. You wanted this trip to be about your friends and rekindling the bond that you guys had for so many years, but now things were slightly off.

You especially didn't want Kalynn to catch on to whatever it was Weston was playing at. You didn't want her to think that you were going to devote the rest of your trip to falling in love rather than spending quality time.

Also, it was her brother. It just seemed a little weird. Maybe that was just you though.

You knew that Kalynn knew about Weston's little crush on you in middle school because she used to always tease you about it.

She never knew about the kiss you two shared under the bleachers though. You and Weston swore to never tell anyone about that after it happened. It was embarrassing for both of you. So right after it happened you both swore to never tell anyone. You don't know how well Weston kept up his end of the deal

But to this day, you still have never told another soul... Except maybe your middle school diary, of course.

You wanted to so badly tell your friends about what had happened at the pool, the things Weston had said to you, the things he did... Or almost did, for that matter. You just didn't want to risk Weston or Kalynn seeing them on your phone or risk jinxing the situation itself and ruining things between you and Weston, whether or not it's platonically or romantically.

You'd have plenty of time to tell them when you got back home.

At the moment, You, Weston, and Kalynn were scattered along the couch. You had just played a couple of rounds of Mario Party, which you dominated. Now you guys were just kind of relaxing. You had already eaten dinner and now were just trying to find things to do to fill up the night before you had to start a whole new day.