early mornings {6}

Sorry, I know my posting schedule is like completely messed up but I really wanted to get this chapter out because it's a bit longer than the usual chapters and.... very eventful. I swear I'll post like 3 chapters a day and then not post for 4 days, but hopefully, that's alright for you guys. I'm really excited to start getting into this book because I have a lot of ideas and things coming. So please stick with me here! I know that I'm 6 chapters in and nothing has really happened, but I'm a sucker for slow-burns. If you couldn't tell haha. Enjoy!

---------------

You had woken up to see that it was still dark inside the living room, meaning neither Weston nor Kalynn had yet woken up...

Though the blinds were shut you could tell that there was no light peeking through them so you guessed it was still dark out. You searched for your phone to see what time it was. You finally found it under your pillow and tapped on the screen to see the clock display "3:45 a.m"

The light from your phone forced your eyes into a squint as they adjusted.

"Oh sorry did I wake you up?" The sound of Weston's voice from over in the kitchen startled you.

"Oh my god!" You exclaimed with fear before realizing what was happening.

"No. At least I don't think so. You scared me though." You said placing a hand over your heart which was now rapidly beating. As your eyes adjusted a bit more now that you weren't as groggy as you were before, you saw Weston standing in the kitchen with his water bottle. He was wearing a pair of sweatpants with no shirt. You could see the curvature of his body, but not really much definition.

"I was just getting some water." He said in an apologetic tone as he screwed the cap back onto his hydro flask.

"Why're you up so early?" You asked.

"I just woke up and was really thirsty so I figured I'd sneak out here." He answered. It seemed valid and you figured that was the reason so you weren't really sure as to why you asked in the first place.

"Oh, well now I don't think I'm going back to sleep after that scare." You said, finally returning to a normal heart rate.

"I can sit with you, if you'd like?" Weston offered. You didn't hate the idea, but if you guys were going to sit and talk then you definitely weren't going back to sleep.

"Yeah, only if you want to. I don't want to keep you up." You replied. He began to walk over to the couch and you could now see him in a little bit of a better light. His hair was a bit messier than it was a few hours ago and the dark circles under his eyes were a bit more noticeable.

He sat down right next to you and you propped yourself up so that you were no longer laying down. He unscrewed his water bottle to take a long sip before he began to say something.

"So do you have a boyfriend or anything back home?" He asked abruptly. It caught you off guard, yet the way he phrased it was so nonchalant.

"No, I mean I've definitely had a lot of things with people, but I'm not seeing anyone right now, why? You interested, Koury?" You said facetiously.

"Yeah, You wish." Weston said with a quick eyebrow raise taking a sip of his water once again. Your stomach was filled with butterflies, but you tried your best to suppress the sensation.

"I mean, let's be honest. I've seen the way you've been looking at me, y/n." Weston let out a quiet laugh and your face stiffened. It's not like you had been staring at him every chance you could get or even thinking about him in any sort of way that wasn't platonically. An intrusive thought would come around every once in a while about how cute he looked in certain moments, but it's not like you were drooling over him.