cassie {7}

Sorry if your name is Cassie, I just picked a random name for her character in this story! lol. 

Also, this is a bit of a filler chapter so it's a little short and uneventful. The next chapter is at like 3,000 words right now so I'm working on editing that. So get prepared. hahah! I'm not gonna try and write every day super detailed otherwise I'd end up having like 1000 filler chapters. So things might pick up here a little quicker. Happy reading :)

-----------------

As you got out of the shower, you picked out an outfit to wear for the day.

You stood in Kalynn's room and could hear the inaudible sounds of Weston and Kalynn talking in the living room. You checked your phone to look at the weather so you could pick out your outfit accordingly.

You settled on a cute *slightly cropped* tank top and a pair of jean shorts. You removed the towel from your body you put your hair up into it so that it'd dry faster. You didn't want to waste the whole day getting ready so you went right back to the bathroom getting out your makeup bag to do some quick makeup before you joined them in the living room.

The only thing on your mind was Weston though.

You could barely even admit to yourself the way you felt when you were (what you could only describe as) flirting last night. This was your friend. Your childhood friend. It wasn't some random boy you had met at a party or someone from your English class that you thought was cute. That's what made it even harder.

Yet, the more you thought about it, the more you developed these feelings. He told you he was "just fucking around" though. So you figured it was nothing to worry about. You'd feel this way if anyone were to flirt with you, right?

As you finished up your makeup, you let the towel fall off of your hair, drying it a little bit by scrunching it up a few times and then discarding the towel into the laundry basket on the floor.

You walked back out into the living room where Kalynn was making some breakfast and Weston, who was now dressed, sat on the couch.

"Wow, you're looking hot!" Kalynn said as she turned away from the stove to look at you. A slight hot blush came over your face from the unexpected compliment.

"Thank you" You replied.

"So what is our big day consiting of?" You asked looking at Weston who just gave you an "I don't know" look.

"Well, I'm making breakfast for us right now and then I think we should just drive around listen to some music, and maybe grab something for lunch? I wanted to go to our parent's house to use their pool, but they've pushed their out-of-town trip till tomorrow, so I didn't want to go if they'd be there." Kalynn said. You were a bit disappointed. You were hoping to have a big exciting day, but at least you had tomorrow to look forward to, It had been so long since you've gone swimming.

You took a seat next to Weston on the couch who was just scrolling through his phone. He didn't make eye contact with you, which made it harder to tell where he stood after last night's events. Not that anything even crazy happened so you weren't sure why it was so prominently on your mind.

"What's for breakfast?" You asked Kalynn who seemed to be cooking up a buffet.

"I just made some veggie omelets!" She said. You were getting really hungry, so you were down to eat anything.

"Sounds delicious, I'm starving." You added. Kalynn hummed in response.

"Look at this video," Weston said showing you a TikTok that he had just laughed at. You couldn't even pay attention to the video because all you could think about was the fact that he was acknowledging you. You forced out a laugh anyway.