Ep 2/Chap 3

"You wanted to go first. Now quit stalling." Clarke rolled her eyes.

"Mount weather awaits." Octavia exaggerated with fake excitement.

"What if there's actually people there? Just imagine. And if there is, are they hot?" Everyone turns their heads to me and narrow their eyes. "I said imagine!" They all just shake their heads and ignore me.

Rude.

"Just hang on until the apogee and you'll be fine." Jasper assured him.

"The Apache like the Indians, right?"

"Apogee, not Apache, you dumbass." Finn stuck his tongue out at me and I did the same back.

"Today, Finn." Clarke was at her very last straw. I'm pretty sure we could all tell. "Aye aye captain. See you on the other side." He saluted. He was about to go but got stopped by jasper causing me to groan in complaint.

"Dont throw a tempter tantrum, now." Octavia said to me. "I will kill you." She raised her hands in surrender and looks back to jasper who had just decided he wanted to do it.

"Ok hurry up then! Or I'll go first." I was reaching to grab the rope but jasper smacked my hand and swung away right after. "You-" I cut myself off when he landed. We quickly ran closer as he started cheering and the rest of us did the same.

"Yeah jasper!"

"Woo!"

"Mount weather here we are!"

"Apache!" Finn yelled out.

"For the last time it's apogee, finn." I turned my head slightly to yell at him.

"Doesn't matter." He shrugged

"Okay my turn my turn!!" Finn chuckled and handed me the rope. A swooshing sound was heard and I look around crazily until a spear went past us and landed in jaspers chest.

"Oh shit." I whispered. Finn grabbed me and pulled me down next to everyone else behind a rock.

"Damn it. I really wanted to swing."

All of us seemed to be in shock and Clarke ignored my statement. She whispered in a tone of disbelief, "We're not alone."

I whispered back. "Really? I didn't realize. I mean I guess the spear in jaspers chest wasn't enough fo-" Monty smacked his hand over my mouth to shut me up and I nodded frantically, thankful that he did that.

We got up to begin running. Although I was hesitant, not wanting to leave jasper like this.

"We are so screwed." Octavia panted while we ran.

"Agreed." I reply.

Clarke glared at me for saying something like that but it's only the truth. We suddenly hear a scream in the distance that I think is coming out of jasper. We all abruptly stop and me and Clarke are quick to run back towards where he had gotten speared.

"He's alive." She tells me. This causes me to smile a little bit despite the situation we're currently in.

Finn follows after us as well and tells us to stay away from the trees.

Jaspers body was gone.

My eyes searched the side he had been on but I still didn't see him.

"He was just here.." I murmured.

"Where is he?" Monty asked in a worried tone. I put my hand on his shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. I knew that it wouldn't help much but I could still tell he appreciated it since he relaxed a bit.