Ep 11/Chap 15

It's been two days since we successfully blew up the bridge. Theres been nothing but quiet from the grounders which is completely odd. I mean, it was only meant to keep them away for a short amount of time but why aren't they back?

"It's been two days. Maybe the bomb at the bridge scared them off for good." Clarke sounded like she was just trying to convince herself of that.

Bellamy and I looked at eachother with raised brows and he was the first to respond. "You believe that?"

She huffed. "No. They're coming."

"When? Is Octo able to get information out of her little grounder boyfriend?" I cross my arms while Bellamy rolls his eyes at me.

"No. Seems like he's the disowned one of his people." Bellamy breathed out a laugh despite his annoyance of the connection that Octavia has with the grounder.

I decide to walk away from Bellamy and Clarke because their conversation was getting too boring.

And Clarke was getting too depressing with all her "there has to be another way" and "I cant believe we're slaughtering eachother" also, "maybe my mom was lucky"

Jaw=dropped

I see Octavia and Murphy helping out with the meat in the tent which makes me grin and skip over.

My face scrunches at the smell inside but that quickly fades when I notice the attitude Del is giving my brother.

"You can't take the heat? Get out of the smokehouse. Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back into camp."

"And you should be kissing mine, asshole." I prepare to approach him but Murphy sticks out his hand to stop me.

Del takes that as his chance to leave.

I'm coming for you del taco.

"Don't make my life any harder, five. What happens when you're not around? They're just gonna make it worse for me." Murphy turns his back on me to help Octavia continue skinning the meat.

"Well then you can just come to me! I can beat their butts, you know." I raise my fists at the same times that my brows go up to try and prove a point.

"Your stance sucks. Thought my brother taught you better than that." Octavia side eyes me.

I notice Murphy tensing very slightly which makes me confused but I force myself to shake it off.

"I also thought bell could've given you a better job than this... guess not." I shrugged, refusing to step any closer to Murphy and Octavia.

This whole thing is very gross.

"Well if I didn't do it, someone else would've had to. Maybe you." Octavia grabs a peice of meat off from a string so quickly that it takes me a second to process that she's holding it out very closely to my face.

I let out a screech before slapping my hand over my mouth and stumbling out the tent.

"What? What's wrong?" Jasper and Monty are suddenly in front of me with the latter grasping onto my shoulders to keep my steady.

"Was that Murphys scream?" Monty's face drops in pity.

"No! It was literally hers!" Murphys voice booms from inside the tent.

"Sure it was.. gosh, don't scare your sister like that, Murphy. You've almost scared her to death!" Jasper shouts, scolding Murphy while putting the back of his hand up to my forehead and cheek.

I swat it away to which he looked offended by.

"It wasn't even me!"

"Yeah. Sure." Jasper snorts.