Day 3 - Second First Time Falling in Love

A/N: Day 3 of KongArt Week 2021! The prompt: Temporary Memory Loss. 

There's gonna be angst but of course there's comfort. I feel like this fic is still incomplete and I think I'm gonna be exploring this later on. 

On to the story!

--_--

"Hello?"

"Arthit! Oh thank god it finally got through. Are you alright, dear?"

"Yes, I'm fine Khun Mae. What is it? Sorry, we just arrived at the town proper. We went to one of the sites up in the mountains and there was no signal at all."

"Oh. Well, we couldn't get through to you for two days so I thought... never mind that. Have you checked your messages yet dear?"

"No, not yet Khun Mae. I actually forgot about the existence of my phone."

"I see. Arthit, dear, uhm, are you in somewhere precarious? Can you move to a safer location?"

"I'm in the company service Khun Mae. We're on our way to the hotel. Why?"

"Oh, okay, okay. At least you're sitting down... Arthit... Kongpob, he—"

"Khun Mae...?"

"He got into a vehicular accident two days ago. A van lost control and slammed into his car. He's in a medically induced coma right now and the doctor said that they are waiting for the swelling of the brain to come down. Arthit, dear, please come home..."

"Kongpob...? He... What...?"

--_--

Blasted typhoon. Blasted signal reception. I got stuck in Chiang Mai for another day because of the weather. It was also because of the goddamn weather that my husband was lying prone on a hospital bed somewhere in Bangkok, fighting for his life. I will never forgive myself if I didn't get to see him if he di—'Arthit, don't even go there!'

He will survive. He is strong.

I paced the length of our shared hotel room as I waited for the go signal of the government to let transportation go again. I was laden with worry, P'Tod the only one that was making sure I ate and drank. He couldn't make me sleep, though. I just couldn't sleep. I would surely only be plagued by nightmares, because I was already living in one.

There was a knock on the hotel door, breaking me from my spiraling negative thoughts. P'Tod got to it before I did. A man in a suit stood there.

"Is there an Arthit Rojnapat here?" he asked.

"I-I am Arthit. How can I help you?"

"I am Aat. I am one of Khun Suthiluck's bodyguards. I am here to escort you back to Bangkok."

--_--

P'Tod and I flew back to Bangkok on a helicopter piloted by Khun Aat. We arrived at night and were whisked immediately towards Bangkok Hospital. I rushed towards the reception and was told to go to the ICU, P'Tod following behind me. We went up in an elevator that the receptionist indicated and ran to the direction of the ICU.

"Khun Mae?" I asked softly when we arrived and saw her standing in front of a large glass wall.

"You're here," she said when she saw me. "You're really here."

She began to cry as she moved towards me. I met her halfway and engulfed her in a hug. We both cried hard against each other, taking comfort from the hug that we both shared.