Chapter Nine

Keenon

I been back and forth at da hospital for tha past two months. Allure still ain't kome out her coma yet. But a nigga still had faith and was prayin' fo a miracle. I went back to da hospital today like I been doin' every day to see her.

When I walked up to her room, I saw her still in tha same state she been in. Tha doctors been buggin' me bout da bill. A nigga hated to go back to robbin' and shit but I had to. I ain't have enough money to pay for da bill to keep her alive so I did what I had to do.

When she get better, I'm leavin' this street shit alone for good. This was a wake-up kall fa me. It showed me how life is too short and kan be taken from you in da blink of a eye. This koulda easily been me and I wish it was me.

Allure been through too much she ain't deserve to be in this kondition. She ain't neva did nothin' to nobody but me on da other hand, I done did all kinda dirt. I ask God everyday why her and not me?

"It should be me in this bed fightin' fo' ma life. Not you Allure." I said softly kissin' her hands.

"Don't say that Keenon." I heard her whisper before flutterin' her eyes open.

She opened her eyes fully and looked at me and smiled. A nigga teared up I ain't even gon' lie.

"I knew God wasn't gon' take you from me. I love you so much Allure."

"I love you too Keenon." She smiled wipin' away my tears.

"Stop cryin' before you make me cry." She laughed.

"I kan't help it. I been prayin' for you all this time."

"I haven't been in the hospital that long have I? It's only been a few days since I got shot."

"No baby you been in a coma for two months. I'll be right back doe I'm gon' tell yo doctor you awoke." I said leavin' out the room.

I went in da bathroom and got on ma knees and thanked tha man upstairs fo' comin' through for da boy. Once I did dat, I went to tell da doctor the news. He was just as hype as I was about da shit. Allure was in tha room laughin' at somethin' on TV.

"Allure I'm glad you've awoken from your coma! Your vitals are good which is a sign that you're making progress. I'm going to squeeze your hand and I need you to tell me If you feel me squeezing it." The doctor squeezed Allure's hand and Allure never said anything.

"I couldn't feel it." She said softly.

"She lost her ability to feel?" I asked tha doctor.

"The nerve damage could be permanent or temporary. It's hard to tell since she's just woken up from her coma. I'll keep her for a few more weeks for observation to see if she improves."

"Doc can I talk to you outside?" I asked him.

"Sure." Tha doctor followed me outside.

"I know I already paid you but what is tha costs lookin' like if y'all keep her for a few more weeks?" I needed to know how much money I was gonna need.

"Well I want to keep her for about three more weeks, so you're looking at about twelve thousand dollars."

"Okay when you need tha money?"

"As soon as possible. You don't have to pay the full bill Mr. Jackson but we need at least half as a down payment in order to keep her." I nodded my head as I thanked tha doctor.

"What's gonna happen to me?" Allure asked.

"Well you might have permanent or temporary nerve damage. You probably gonna have some memory loss and that may or may not be permanent too." I sighed.