Chapter Two

I knew Romello would find me! I just knew it! I shoulda never left the motel. But then again, I can’t be a prisoner in that motel and live in hiding forever. Eventually I was gonna have to face Romello and accept my fate.

If my life has to end, so be it. Nothin’ good has happened in my life anyway. But just when I wanted to give in and let Romello capture me, the urge to run away kicked in. I couldn’t go back to the way my life has been for the past three years.

There’s no way in hell I’ll put myself through that again. I’d kill myself before I allowed myself to be abused by Romello. So I’m just gonna have to run and hope he doesn’t find me. He got in his car and chased me down the street before parking and running after me on foot.

I ran as fast I could despite the burning sensation in my chest from all the running I was doing. If I stopped to rest, he would catch me for sure so I had to keep running. I ran and ran until I was on the verge of passing out. I had to stop to catch my breath or I would collapse from exhaustion.

The minute I stopped for air, a strong pair of hands wrapped around my neck tightly putting me in a headlock.

“So you thought you could run away from me Allure? You should know better than that baby.” Romello chuckled darkly as he wrapped his hands around my neck choking me.

As I gasped for air, I felt my body becoming weak and my vision got blurry. Somehow I got the strength to pry his hands off my neck and I kicked him in his balls and ran down the street. I didn’t know where the hell I was but I couldn’t worry about that right now. My life was at stake.

Anywhere would be safer than going back to Romello. As the tears began to fall, I prayed to God that he would save me. I ran down an alley and put my knees up to my chest as I hid behind some trash cans. I muffled my cries as I hid behind the huge trash bins, hoping he wouldn’t find me.

After waiting there for what seemed like forever, I figured the coast was clear and I decided to make a move. It was beginning to get dark and I had no clue where I was. Once again, I prayed that the Lord would keep me safe as I tried to think of a way to make it back to the motel.

I wasn’t sure if there was a bus stop near me but I needed to find out because soon the bus would stop running for the night. As I was about to make my way out, I heard voices of some men and I hid behind the trash cans again. Who knows what could happen to me? I could be gang-raped by these dudes or worse.

I heard a familiar voice and recognized it was Keenon/ YG from earlier at the mall. I made my way out from behind the trash cans only to knock one over, causing a loud crash on the ground.

“Aye what the fuck was that?” A dude asked.

“Probly a cat or dog or sum’n. C’mon let’s roll this dice so I can take y’all niggas money!” One said loudly before the crew started laughing.

My nervousness caused me to knock down another trash can again.

“Yo dat don’t sound like no fuckin’ dog or cat. Lemme see what the fuck is up.” I heard Keenon call as he cocked his gun, prepared to shoot whoever it was.

I jumped out from behind the trash can, causing all eyes to be on me as fear covered my face.

“Yo Allure, why you hidin’ behind a trash can girl?”

I was too nervous to even talk. My whole body was shaking and the tears began to form in my eyes.

“I-I ran away from my boyfriend. I had to leave while we were talkin’ at the mall ‘cause he found me.” I said as the waterworks began.