chapter 3 Stand by me- Oasis

Chapter 3

I went home that night after finishing my shift. It was 3am by the time I was home and I was beat. After Louis left I put on a couple more dances and served some drinks. I was just glad that I made some money tonight. I made 275 on top of what Louis gifted me. I worked hard tonight and $400 definitely wasn't enough for what I went through after he left.

I usually don't make 400 in one night, but then again I don't usually have some guy stick his hand up my shorts while my back is turned.

I'm used to having my ass slapped or the 'unintenual' bump into the boobs but being touched there, no thank you. Vincent threw him out, literally threw him, but still ew.

I got my key to my apartment out of my pocket and opened up to see my brother sprawled out on the couch.

I think he heard me come in because he sat right up as I opened the door.

"Oh hey, where've you been?" He questioned, his voice deepened and groggy.

"Out, nowhere special" I say as I turned on the kitchen light. I put my stripping money away above my cabinets in a box that's hidden. You wouldn't know it's there unless I told you. I keep it there until I can go to the bank.

"So Harry what are you doing here?" I call out after I put my money away.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out to dinner but you weren't here" He says in a deep sleepy voice as he walks into the kitchen yawning. "I laid down on the couch and guess I just fell asleep."

"Did you eat? Because I can heat something up quickly if you want, I'm hungry myself."

"Sure , what are you making?" he asks

I walk over to the fridge and open it. I pulled out a box of pizza that was half eaten, "How about pizza?" I grin.

Harry turns and opens the cabinet taking out two plates. So I will take that as a yes. I plate the pizza and put it in the microwave when Harry asks, "Seriously though where have you been?"

"Does it really matter? You know I'm grown up right, I'm 21 I don't need someone looking out for me."I say to him.

Harry is extremely caring and protective of me-- he always has been. He treats me like a child most of the time. It's annoying as hell but I know that he means well and just gets worried about me so I let him.

He has always been there for me. In some ways he is like the father I never had. I mean we have a dad but not a good one. Our dad has always either been too high to take care of us, or too crazy. But I guess that's what happens when a schizophrenic gets addicted to meth.

He's been like that for a while but it's okay, it's just Harry and my plight, our problem.

In many ways Harry has stepped up for me, he's always been there for me; when our mom died he was there hugging me telling me that we will survive and that he promises to watch over me, when our dad would lose his temper and yell hurtful words or throw things at us he was the one who would pull me into the other room while he tried to console him, when our cousin Liam died, who was our very best friend, he was the one that wouldn't leave me alone until he was sure that I would be okay

He has been there through all of those hard times, but he also has been there through the good; he was the one who would set fireworks up every year on my birthday --despite how much he hated them, he was the one that would watch movies with me and make food with me in the middle of the night, he was the one that would always say how amazing I am and how much he loves me. He was the one who would drive me an hour away to see our grandma just so that I felt not completely abandoned.

Harry has been there for me through the good and bad.

"Vada come on tell me, were you at the club again?" Harry asks. He knows that I go there about once a month but he hates it.

"Yeah, Vince needed an extra girl tonight and I needed rent so I went." I tell him. I can't ever lie to him.

"Why? If you need money I will give it to you, stop going there. Please?" He says.

"I know you would, I know you would do anything for me but I can't take your money you worked hard for it." Harry works as a paramedic. He worked hard for that job. He took all his classes, worked a part-time job, and watched over me all at the same time. He is so strong I don't know what I would do without him.

"Please stop going there please" He begs. I look away just as the microwave beeps. "Are you okay though?"He asks, looking down to me with his green eyes. I hate disappointing him and making him feel as if he hasn't done enough.

"I'm always alright aren't I" I smile brightly and jokingly hit his arm trying to light up the conversation.

He smiles as a response, "Go put on My Cousin Vinny. I want to watch a movie, I will grab the food." He says as he grabs the plates out of the microwave and two bottles of water, while I grab the bag of chocolates out of the fridge.

-------------
I know this song is supposed to be like a romantic song but I feel as if you could look at it from a brother and sister pov

Also sorry I haven't been able to update I'm on vacation and have been busy

I started the next few chapters and will try to post them soon thanks for the support