𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐓₄

𝐘/𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕-

"today's the big day then, huh?" kenma asks as we walk into the classroom.

"it's just a fucking wednesday." i deadpan.

"you know full well what i'm talking about." he side eyes me.

"yeah whatever. won't matter because once i win, he'll leave me alone and this school year will be fine."

"right." he sighs and sits down in his seat. i repeat his actions and sit in my desk. he starts playing on his switch and i pull out my notes to skim through them before the test. our professor announces that we may get up to receive the test and begin. everyone immediately begins filing in an unordered line to get the sheet of paper so they have the most given time. kenma and i stay back to wait for the line to get shorter.

he isn't even here, i already won.

i get up and look back at kenma to see him look as intrigued as i've ever seen him, in his game. "hey, pudding head." i call out. he groans and looks up for a second before directing his attention to the graphic game again. "do you want me to get the test for you?" i ask.

"yes, please y/n, thank you, i love you." he mumbles without paying too much attention. i sigh and turn around to bump into someone's chest.

holy shit man titties.

"ah!" i slowly look up and see kuroo looking down at me.

"you okay?" he asks.

i get embarrassed and scream then push past him to go get mine and kenma's test. i use the sheets of paper to cover my face from how flustered i was, then make my way to my desk.

"here." i whisper shortly to kenma and slam the paper on his desk, causing a few looks towards us. i mouth a shy, "sorry." to my class and look up to see kuroo smirking as he makes his way towards the seat next to me with his test in his hand.

"good luck." he sings in a taunting voice.

i ignore his comment and begin taking my test. i fill out my name and the date then quickly answer the questions. i highlight all the things i needed to, circled what i was told to, chose multiple answers for the questions that asked for it, and underlined what i was instructed to on the piece of paper. i was feeling pretty confident on my test and read over my answers two more times before getting up and handing it to my professor.

she took the test and looked over it and at the answer key then wrote in her big fat red marker.

97%

nice. could've been better- nice nonetheless. i smile at myself with my answer and make my way back to see kuroo making his way to the professor. of course he passes my way and smirks down at me. i scoff and go sit down at my desk. he comes back and whispers to me, "oi. shorty. what'd ya get."

"97." i inform him.

"shit. a bet's a bet, i suppose..." he trails off.

"you suppose? a bet IS a bet. you either lost or you didn't." i whisper angrily to him.

"so when do you want me to pick you up?"

"i- huh?"

he lifts his test up and i see a big fat '100%' plastered at the top.

"see a 100 is greater than 97." he smirks.

"i know that! but-what? how? but i'm-"

"did little miss top of the class just get knocked off her high horse?" he teases and smirks at me.