Chapter Five- Things change.

~Poppy's point of view~

I am now eighteen, and Avery is now two. The night of his first birthday was exactly as Keith said it would be. I had bruises for weeks. I told Daniel and Jamie I was just a little off; Jamie knew better. When he came over after the show, I told him the truth. He slept in my bed with me that night. Daniel allowed it. Nothing happened, though; he just held me.

That brought us closer, and we have been inseparable since. Well, when he isn't working. He works as well as wrestles. Daniel allows him to stay when he wants; I don't mind it. I do know that I have feelings for him. Feelings that scare me not because of Jamie. It's because of Keith. He sends me emails often; they are threats and reminders of what he has done. I still get the registered letters monthly.

I am hoping Avery's first birthday is all from him. I can deal with the emails. Emails are just words. I will just have to watch my back. I will always watch my back. There is never a time that I won't. I am thankful he is a huge star now. When it happened, I thought for sure he would have forgotten about me. Nope. The emails and money still come. Which means I will never be able to let my guard down.

I had Avery in the backyard. It's nice out, so I am letting him play on his swing set. I love my son with all my heart, but he is a carbon copy of Keith. I am at the point that I will not deny it anymore if I am asked. He looks too much like him for me to lie about it. He knows that as well. He has me send him pictures to a P.O Box. It's in the state that he lives in now. Yes, he moved. I am thankful for that. When he is hurt, he is no longer here.

I hear the door open. I turn and look, hoping to see Daniel, but it's Jamie. He looks fucking amazing. He always does; he comes and sits next to me. Avery comes down his slide and runs to him. He picks him up and hugs him; Avery gets down and goes back to playing. We sit in silence for a bit. I can't help it; my hand goes to his hair.

Jamie: "Sweetheart, you drive me crazy when you do that."

Poppy: "Oh really?"

Jamie: "Mmhmm."

Poppy: "What kind of crazy?"

He takes my free hand and runs it over his privates. He was hard.

Jamie: "That is what you do to me. That is what you have always done to me."

Poppy: "What do you think we should do about that?"

Jamie: "I think you and Avery should move in with me. You are an adult now. You can make that choice. Daniel is also gone more than he is home now."

Daniel got a huge contract. He is gone more than he is home now. He calls daily. I miss him terribly, and I know that Avery does. With that being said, I go to the shows with Jamie now. Reggie flipped out on me when I didn't show up the first week Daniel was gone. He called the house and lost his shit. He sent Alan to come to get me. If I had known Alan was there, I would have gone. His coming around is definitely rare. He does call and email when he can.

(A/N- This was back when cell phones weren't readily available. This would be around 2003.)

Poppy: "I can't do that without talking to Daniel. I also won't do it without a commitment from you. It's not just me. It's Avery's life too."

Jamie: "I called Daniel. He knows. You can call him. I am here to move you two today."

Poppy: "Jamie..."