Quidditch Tryouts

THE WIZARDING WORLD - THE MASKED MYSTERY

Chapter 1

"Bye Mom! See you later!" I called. It was September 1! I get to go to Hogwarts at last!! This is my second year at Hogwarts and I am so excited for the Quidditch tryouts. My first year at Hogwarts didn't go that well. I made very few friends, and got into a lot of trouble. Hogwarts is a place I can finally be me and feel free. I am very eager to study Defence Against the Dark Arts, my favourite subject. I wonder who my teacher is going to be this year. Anyways, I am in Slytherin which is no surprise because I am the daughter of Voldemort. This is one of the main reasons I have less friends. BTW I am Amelia Riddle. Some people still fear to call me by my full name. Well, who can blame them?

I got past 9 ¾ and spotted Amanda. She was a friend of Draco Malfoy and so a Friend of mine. "Hey there Amanda! Seen Edwin Marc lately?" I called out to her. "Um..Amelia who is Edwin ?" asked Amanda. I was too surprised to answer and she just walked past me looking sympathetically as if something was wrong with me!! This is weird I thought and jumped inside the train. I sat alone in my compartment looking through the window. "Do u want anything from the trolley dear?" a women's voice called at me. 'No thanks 'I replied.

The sky was pleasant to watch and soon without realising I fell asleep. I was too tired because yesterday I had went to Diagon Alley to get my books and other goodies where I had spent most of my time shopping. I went back home and practised Quidditch still midnight hoping to be the seeker in the tryouts. The train stopped suddenly and I almost fell out of my seat. I got off the train and went to meet the other Slytherins. We all got on a carriage.

"Hey did you know they have appointed a new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher?" said Miranda. "Yeah I have heard it is someone from the ministry replied" Tiana. Soon we reached Hogwarts. I got down the carriage and we headed to the great hall . We all took our seats and I spotted a few people eyeing at me and trying to maintain their distance. Then there was a long speech by our headmaster Dumbledore and later on Professor Umbridge (Our Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher) spoke. Then the feast began. I first ate the porridge, it was delicious and have you tasted the pudding? Its mouth-watering. Then we headed to the Slytherin common room . This year the prefect of Slytherin house is Draco Malfoy and Ava .

I spotted my luggage beside my bed in the girls dormitory .This year my mom sent my luggage through mail because she wanted to pack something special. I did not know what it was and was soo eager to see it. I immediately opened my luggage and saw a bracelet in which were carved the 4 elements - Fire , Water , Air and Earth . I did not know why I needed it but the magic around it was soo strong that I felt invincible. I then wore the bracelet and went outside.

I spotted Madam Hooch pinning Flyers of the Quidditich tryouts.

It read:

Quidditch Tryouts

Madam Hooch

Dear Hogwarts students,

We are looking for a new seeker and chaser for the Slytherin Quidditch team. All students interested in Quidditch please report to the Quidditch stadium at sharp 4:00 pm.

- Professor Snape

- Head of Slytherin

It was 2:00 pm now and I had 2 hours more for the tryouts so , I decided to meet Draco for some advice . I went to the boys dormitory and spotted Draco, fortunately he was alone."Hey!"I called "Hello! What are you doing here Amelia?" he asked. I said that I wanted some advice regarding the tryouts and I also admitted that I was kind of nervous. Then we talked for about one and a half hours. He then wished me all the best and I headed back to the girls dormitory. I had half hour more so I sat on my bed dreaming of all the things I could do at Hogwarts. I also practised some spells like Evenum Esperada , which is used to pause time but I can do it only for about 2 seconds because the spell is very advanced and hard . I then looked at the time and realised that I have only 5 minutes till tryouts!! I changed into my Quidditch jersey that I bought recently from Diagon Alley. I also took my broomstick, the one and only Time Turner which as the company says goes so fast that it bends time itself. This was the very first time I was going to try it and I was very excited. I headed to the Quidditch stadium and found out that the tryouts are delayed to 6:00 pm. So, I headed to my common room and found out that the chaser will also be the captain. This was because we had no Quidditch captain. Due to this reason the tryouts are delayed. But I found it weird because we already have a Quidditch captain . I had soo many things going on in my mind. I wanted to get some fresh air to clear my head so , I went out of the common room. On my way I met Addison. I could not resist but ask her about Everly . She simply stared at me and said that there is no one called Everly and if there was one she was never our Quidditch captain. I was beyond stunned by that fact because I knew Everly, she was my Quidditch idol. I did not know if something was wrong with me or them!! As I continued to move forward I dashed into Hermione granger. "You seem to be in deep thoughts. May I help?" She asked. "I - uh- uh it's nothing" I replied. "You can tell me its fine, feel comfortable' she told. "My day has been weird" I said. "Tell me about it" she asked. I told every single thing bothering me. "I haven't seen a much weirder day for anyone at Hogwarts" she said. But I could see that she smiled lightly, which comforted me. "Don't worry be calm everything happens for a reason. I am sure you will figure it out" she said. I also had felt uncomfortable with one more thing so I told her. "I know it's been hard these days as Slytherins are being avoided and the other three houses don't usually mingle with you. But believe me it is going to be fine" she said, though she felt uncomfortable and mostly unsure. "This has been happening for years now Slytherins are being avoided. So, it's hard to even imagine all four houses being together. This is all because people think Slytherins are bad and cruel but there are Slytherins who support well" she finished. "See you later" I told Hermione. I looked at my watch and it was 5: 45 pm. I had 10 minutes till tryouts so I headed to the Quidditch stadium. There were a lot of people who volunteered for tryouts. I was extremely nervous. Seeing the talented seekers in front of me my heart sank. I could never be a seeker, they were much better. I felt someone touch my shoulder. It was Ginny Weasley . "They are amazing right? But don't worry you are amazing too!! Don't give up hope". "All the best" she cried. It was too loud as, a lot of people were cheering and clapping but I could make out what she meant. I was happy to have friends like her. I had met them in my first year. We had a trip to the forbidden forest together, and I had helped them. It was a wild ride!! You wouldn't want to know what happened.

"That was amazing who is she?" I asked Kaylee. "Her name is melody. She is in the fourth year" she replied. I am in the second year and I did not know who she was but I knew she was bound to become the seeker. "Amelia Riddle" Madam Hooch cried. I jumped. "Here professor" I called. It was my turn now!! I took a deep breath, but my smile turned into a frown when Madam Hooch unfolded a bad news. 'We already chose the seeker, it is Melody. I am extremely sorry but you can try out for chaser" said Madam Hooch trying to sound cheerful". I was extremely sad!! I prepared and practised everyday to be a seeker but then now suddenly my whole life's preparation is ruined. Anyways, at least I can be on the team as a chaser I thought trying to cheer myself up. "Ok" I told Madam Hooch trying to smile. I got on my broom and showed them my skills. They were thrilled. "Wow!! You are amazing!!" said Madam Hooch. I smiled. Then they called upon the others. Soon it was over. Then the time came for the chaser to be announced. Madam Hooch came up to the front and said "Today, we have seen many great performances. But one has thrilled us extremely. The chaser is .....

TO BE CONTINUED...