The Broken Barrier

CHAPTER – 4
The Wizarding World - The Masked
                      Mystery
          THE BROKEN BARRIER
Things got weirder day by day . And tonights dream was intriguing . I was still thinking why the snake was very sad and why I saw silhouettes of people disappearing .  I was at the breakfast table when my thoughts were interrupted by an announcement .
Dear students  next week we are hoisting the Quidditch tournament between Slytherin and hufflepuff so please be ready . The flyers regarding this is pinned in your notice board . For more information contact Madam  Hooch. Announced headmaster Dumbledore .
I was extremely excited because this was my very first real Quidditch match !! On the happy note I could clear my head and enjoy . We also will have hogsmeade today so that was relaxing news too . Soon the bell rang and we headed towards our dormitories .  I spotted Amanda and we excitedly dicussed all the things we were planning to do in hogsmeade .  Just then I  spotted my worst nightmare !! Violet !!!!!! me and violet are  enemies . In my   school before hogwarts years I met her and thought she was good but no way !! She is so cruel and sly as a fox no wonder she is placed in Slytherin ! "Oh hello didn't see you there !!" Chuckled violet as she poured juice all over me !!  She gave a innocent pout and mouthed beware and left stubbornely . "She will never change" sighed Amanda . I tried to calm myself and and went to use the restroom . I wore new clothes and washed my face . It was very refreshing .  "Don't worry things will work out" said Amanda wistfully . You just said she will never change I reminded her with a pinch of SO – NOT -  FAIR voice . Anyways we have to get going its late  said amanda. I then realised half of the dormitory was empty .
So me and Amanda rushed and followed the others . We soon arrived  at the great hall and joined the Slyterins . "There are some rules which ought to be followed , first please show your signed letters then I may procced with the rules" ... said Professor Snape . We all took turns to show our letters . Finally when it was my turn I saw Professor Snape glaring at me and from his expression I understood what he meant . "Don't get into trouble" that's what his eyes conveyed . I silenty walked away and joined amanda . Then Professor Snape told a few rules . "DON'T , I MEAN NEVER  GO OUT OF BOUNDARIES . TRY NOT TO GET LOST OR FIND TROUBLE"  he finished .( I was sure this was directed to me because his eyes met mine and  he gave  me a serious look . Professor Snape was my favourite teacher so hoping to not be enemies with him I told myself to stay out of trouble  ( not that I go looking for it . well last year I kind of did. ). We then  were taken to hogsmeade by carriages . soon we arrived and were all jumping  enthusiastically and  were excited !!
There were a lot of shops like Gladrags Wizardwear , Hogs Head and Honey Dukes. We first went inside   Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop  to purchase quills & stationary. Amanda got some Sugar quill and also  some Scriptographies ( for neat handwriting). I got some parchment and post stamps . later we went to Zonko's Joke Shop  where we each bought some random dancing pen . we laughed seeing it merrily jump from customer to customer .
When we were on our way  to honey dukes we spotted .............violet !!
"Oh hello there looks like little voldey needs a makeover !! oops this suits better with your dress" she said as she poured the butterbeer on my dress !! ( again ! what's up with her ?? I cant belive she still holds a grudge for what happpend years back !! before Hogwarts I went to pepper – hatleys school for kids . it was a fun school and me and Violet had a fashion competition in  3rd grade . I won , she lost . The main problem is I accidently poured sour cream and mustard on her dress . Emphasis on "Accidently" . From that day on she HATED me . She pulled pranks on me and teased me .  Well I don't care I was bold enough to stand up to her . Well unfortunately she goes to Hogwarts and is still angry with me !! )  Argh !! I groaned and planned to purchase a new dress as I was soaking wet and I had enough eyes on me !!  Me and Amanda then went to Gladrags Wizardwear . It was so beautiful filled with all kinds of clothes , robes and jerseys . I saw few of my fellow Slytherins and waved . They looked at me awkwardly ( I  just realised that I was covered in butterbeer oops!! ) but  some managed a smile . I looked around to choose a robe and soon found some with green border lines with a Slytherin symbol . It was amazing so I went to the dressing room and changed into those new robes . They fit perfectly .  Amanda considered buying some clothes too so she went and selected few robes of various colours and quotes . finally she picked one which  had a  green brooch attached to it . There was patterns of snakes around the corners of her sleeves and at the bottom of the robes . The dress was simply stunning . She too quickly changed into the new robes . We both put our old robes in a bag and payed for our new ones . We then left Gladrags Wizardwear and headed towards hogs head. The place was unusually empty .  We headed towards the counter and ordered some butterbeers . we then sat at a chair near window  . Soo  today was pretty amazing right ? well not the violet and her "oh no I did not see you there" drama .. she said  . Yeah it was awesome !! I said thinking about my weird , free day !! It was fun to spend time with Amanda and travel around hogsmeade , chatting and shopping . My thoughts were interrupted by a hoarse voice which said "Heres your order .. have a nice day" as though someone was forcing him .  We glanced at his name tag and were  a little stunned by it and his  rude tone that we accidently blurted a what ?! in unison . I mean we  have heard of him a lot of times . He was the best person who serves here or anywhere . They say he is talented and skilled . He joined only last year but managed to impress them . We excepted him to be sweet with his customers but he certainly did not seem to be . "Oh um sorry" he replied pretty embarrassed as he looked at us staring . I think he would have realised how great he was known but we were disappointed because he acted rude. "Actually you see after the new shop the broken barrier was opened last week things did not go well here I was not in the right mood . To be honest I thought you were like those previous customers since last week who just  were comparing hogs head to the newly opened broken barrier – "I have it all shop"" he said clearly annoyed . "Oh actually we have never heard of it . And hogs head can never be replaced its amazing !!"  said Amanda . I have to admit I was curious to see broken barrier .
We then finished our glasses and headed outside . "Now what ?" asked Amanda enthusiastically . "Um.. I want to check  the broken barrier" I said a little nervous .  I expected a , "Support Hogs Head and forget about broken barrier we have to stand up for it" or something random . I mean she was pretty sad for hogs head but belived it would be croweded with people as usual .what I didn't except was for her to chuckle and laugh ! well that's what she did !! Really you can go I am planning to check out  Dustin Deckers after all . I would get some items for you from there so meet me at sharp 7 : 00 pm ok ? Because we leave at 7 : 30  she said laughing head to toe when she caught me staring at her open mouthed . 
Well this was a different Amanda, she wanted justice but played a fair game and in a hard way . she says "Don't go snooping to your opponents place because it smells like sugar .. it might be a trap.." she says all serious but now ??!  I can't even explain what to say . I just merrily laughed and headed towards the broken barrier ...........
Wow!! I exclaimed . It was beautiful I wonder why they named  it the Broken Barrier it has nothing broken !! Everything was shiny and neatly arranged in the newly painted racks. There were all kinds of things . I saw clothes which were so neatly stitched and felt soft . There were cots and treats and quills .  I also saw shelves filled with books . There were separate rows for each houses .  I saw the Slytherin rack and was astonished looking at all the merches . Everything was bright green and snake themed . Glad you like it I heard a voice  it was  Matte Malfoy !! "Omg ! Hello" I squealed . "Oh its you Amelia what a coincidence" said Matte Malfoy with a warm smile .  "Oh matte I was looking for you everywhere.."started Rithero Malfoy but stopped as she looked at me . "Oh dear Amelia you have grown so much" said Rithero Malfoy hugging me tightly ( I might have even broken my ribcage !!). Matte Malfoy was a unknown cousin of Lucious  Malfoy . None of the Malfoys had mentioned them earlier before few years . I knew them because they were friends with my mom Aurora Riddle . "How is school ? And have you met my boy yet ? How is he behaving ?" asked Rithero Malfoy . "Oh school is amazing as usual and so is your son annoying as usual" I  muttered the last part . Unfortunatedly they heard the last part too , they frowned and sighed . But they seemed happy that I loved hogwarts and was enjoying .  Well who wouldn't ?
I then continued looking at all the shelves . Everything was sparkly clean and there were all kinds of things uniquely  labelled in different colour's .  I simply admired the things about half hour and when I went deep inside the shop I was surprised to find secret layer . There was just wall there but the moment I pushed it I fell in a hole !! it was very dusty and covered in cobwebs . "Ouch !!" I cried as I pricked my finger in a thorn . I continued to move and look around . This layer was pretty old and dusty . I carefully made my way through the antiques hoping not to break them . I heard foot steps and stopped at the spot . There was someone in here I thought and backed away . I  then was  astonished  because I saw something I did not expect atleast not here or not now !! It was the shadowy figure who sent me the gift!! I had so many questions in my mind .  Why was that person here ? What was the persons motto ? Was that person causing the problems ? ( well I still don't think there is a problem I mean everything could be a conincidence and I just was wrong . I probably was imaginig things  I thought trying to reassure myself that everything was fine.)
I seemed to have yelped a little too loud at the shock of seeing the shadowy figure here ,because the  masked person saw me and cast a few spells . I was too stunned that I couldn't take out my wand to cast a defensive spell . I was thrown to the floor and badly hurt . "Ouch" I cried thoroughly annoyed because the antiques broke and was sharp . I  then saw as the masked person ran away from me . The good news is that person gave me a clue. I went running to the place he just vanished and found a piece of cloth , Probably what he was wearing under the veil . I examined it and was shocked to see a Hogwarts imprint on it !! That person was a student studying in Hogwarts  !!  Is Hogwarts in danger ? Or is this some kind of hallucination !?  I couldnt belive our enemy was a student from Hogwarts and probably knew me and is technically spying on us !!  The masked student was a enemy right ? Or not ? Oh what am I thinking he obviously is !! I then immediately  walked out of the trap door and quietly exited the shop .  I was about to enter Dustin Deckers when someone tapped my shoulder and I jumped . "Hey !! Hello good to see you . Seems like u were half hour late !! ,No worriers best way to get into trouble" said Amanda sweetly  then burst out "WHERE WERE YOU I CHECKED THE BROKEN BARRIER YOU ARE NO THERE , WHAT IS UP WITH YOU ? YOU ARE IN SOO MUCH TROUBLE !! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME !! WE USUALLY RUN INTO TROUBLE TOGETHER BUT NOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ????" She asked furiously . "Listen I am so sorry I will explain things later" I said her and pulled her along with me . Amanda followed me and stopped asking questions when she saw how serious I was that she restricted herself from questioning me about how I was wounded .
We then returned back to hogwarts and sneaked past the teachers . I thought the girls dormitory was not a safe place for us to talk about the masked student . I dragged her to the trap door we encountered last year  , used for private matters . It was small but enough for the two of us . all the items in case of an emergency was kept . It was not dusty or old as the trapdoor in the broken barrier . "Woah !! This place again ? The information you are about to share with me must be confidential" she whispered .  I then said her everything I knew well mostly . ".....So yeah that's it" I finished . There was an awkward silence between us . "Interesting .. seems like we are being watched" she said slightly shook . "Don't worry It just might be some random person and not necessarily a villain to destroy Hogwarts . Am I right ?" she asked hopefully . "Maybe" I  replied but only to make both of us feel better . The realisation that another villain like Voldemort was on the run was shuddering  to think of .
It was night so I went to sleep and it was peaceful to my surprise but little did I know what's up next . Today was pretty normal until a false rumour started spreading about me AGAIN !! But unfortunatedly this time in all kinds of newspapers and magazines . Even the Daily Prophet considered my information important . Well you should see what they wrote about me in the publishers story !!! So rude I thought . I heard everyone whispering about me in the hallways .  this time things have gone too far because everyone are now blaming all Slytherins too !! What did we even do ? They consider all of us evil !!
It was late night but I had to complete all my homeworks . I completed them at half past 3 in the morning !! I then finally lay on bed and slept . I got a dream once again !! This time more of a clue !! It was all pointing to a certain masked student !! I was in the  Broken Barrier !!
TO BE CONTINUED.....
Question Time!!
Is the Masked Student good or bad?