Play Pretend

Y/N POV

Everyone watched as Jennie put her backpack to the side and sat down on my lap with her back facing me. I put my arms around her from behind, resting my chin near her shoulder.

"Enough proof, pretty boy?" I asked. I could feel Jennie's heartbeat quicken when I held her tighter.

Sihun clenched his jaw and eventually, it was enough to make him leave. As soon as he was gone, though, Jennie got up from my lap and picked up her backpack.

She looked shyly at my friends when she said her 'thank you's, then she stopped when it came to me. I could see the tint of rose on her cheeks when she refused to meet my eyes for too long. Cute.

"May I talk to you for a second?" she asked.

"He's not a teacher, Jennie. You don't have to be so polite," said Jisoo, who sat down next to me again.

"Can we talk in private?"

I thought about it for a second, "Mm, no. I'm not interested."

"What, really?" Her eyes seemed disappointed and her lips curled into a little pout.

I sighed then got up, "Fine." I had nothing better to do because someone took my phone.

I followed Jennie away to a secluded stairway. I leaned on the wall as she looked around for witnesses.

"So why'd you break up with pretty boy Sihun?" I asked because she didn't seem to have anything to say at the moment.

"It's... it's nothing."

"Alright," I said and began to walk away but she held my arm. I turned back and she immediately let go.

"Can I... Can I-"

"If we're gonna have a conversation, you have to stop stuttering."

She nodded and thought to herself. "Can I be your girlfriend?" She looked at me with intent.

"Ha... what?"

"I mean, could we pretend to date so that Sihun would finally move on?"

I raised at an eyebrow at her, "Did you mean to say 'move on' or 'fuck off'?"

"To leave me alone," she corrected. "It's just that, when Sihun caught us together in the change room, it made me feel like I was getting back at him."

"Getting back at him for what? Didn't you break up with him?"

"I did but that's because... he cheated on me." I didn't react to what she said yet it seemed like she expected me to. "I want to make Sihun feel as bad as he made me feel and I think you can help me. He already seems to not like the thought of us together and he's already seen us together."

"What do I get out of this?" I asked. It was the only questioned that mattered.

"Well, I just want to make Sihun feel bad so..."

I took a deep breath and thought about it. It would be nice to fuck around with Sihun's feelings. Last year, during the basketball tryouts, he really showed off his ass kissing skills with the coach so that he could be the team captain and it'd be nice to piss him off.

"No. I'm not interested," I replied. "I'd get to piss him off but what else? And you still owe me money for dry cleaning so, really, I'm at a loss."

Jennie sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Okay, I'll just pay you a little more. Enough to dry cleaning your clothes twice."

"But actually the prices have changed since then."

"How much is it now?" she asked and took out her wallet. I began to laugh when I saw her Rilakkuma wallet. "How much?"

"500 dollars."

"500... What?! How could it be that expensive?"

I chuckled at her face of shock. She was too cute. "If you can't pay it then I guess there's something else I'd want."

"Okay, okay. What is it?"

"Have sex with me." Jennie's jaw dropped and she even took a step back. I smirked at her, "You know, if you wanna be my girlfriend, it's gonna happen eventually."

I took a step closer to her and she continued to back into a wall. "Pretend girlfriend, pretend..."

"I don't like to pretend. Unless it's role play," I smiled and she shuddered. I placed my hand on the wall behind her and leaned down so our faces were only inches apart. "You know what? Forget about paying me back. I'll be your boyfriend, but under one condition: you'll do as I say."

"That sounds like a violation of human rights," she mumbled.

"I'm not going to force to you to have sex with me but if you're my girlfriend, play the part right. Hold my hand when I tell you to, let me touch you if I say so, and kiss me when I ask." Now I was just having my own fun.

"I'm not that kind of girl."

"But something about you tells me you want to be." She turned her gaze down but I lifted her chin up to meet my eyes again. "It felt good to make Sihun jealous, didn't it? Once he sees us acting like a couple, he'll wish he never did anything to hurt you in the first place. He'll beg for you, Jennie. Wouldn't that feel nice?"

I kept her against the wall and waited for a response but it seemed she was speechless.

"What do you say, babygirl?" I said in a low voice that made her gulp.

"Don't call me 'babygirl' anymore and I'll agree."

"Ah, but you don't get to tell me what to do."

"Maybe... But you're just gonna have to listen to me anyway," she said bravely.

"You're the one who wants this deal. Don't get too playful."

She crossed her arms and I tilted my head. What was she thinking?

Suddenly she ducked under my arm and pulled me along with her as we walked to the atrium. She was really starting to surprise me like this. I just knew she didn't want to be such a good girl anymore. She wanted my bad influence. She needed it.

When we reached the crowded atrium, she cleared her throat. "H-hey, everyone!"

"What're they doing?"

"Y/N? And who's that?"

"I don't know."

"Y/N is my boyfriend now so back off!" she said then grabbed my shirt and pulled me into a short kiss.

"No, wait. I know who that is. That's Jennie Kim. Damn she's hotter than I remember."

"Is she hot or is it because she's with Y/N?"

Jennie pulled away from the kiss with embarrassment on her face. She was blushing pretty badly and seemed too scared to move.

"Looks like it's a deal then," she said to me and quickly sped away.

The students in the atrium returned to their activities and I shrugged off the embarrassment. As I walked back to the couches where my friends were, I saw Lisa to the side. I took a detour and sat down at her table with her friends.

"What's Jennie's number?" I asked. "Babygirl ran away too fast, I couldn't even ask."

+_+_+_strawberry_+_+_+