Basketball

JENNIE POV

My shoes squeaked on the floor as Rosie pulled me all the way to the gym with her. School had just ended and Rosie found me at my locker and took me with her. I wanted to bring my bag with me but the only thing I could hold was my water bottle.

We pushed through some people, who took notice of who I was as I passed, then through the doors of the gym and onto the bleachers. We sat down at the front row with a clear view of the entire room.

"Why is there a basketball game already? I thought the season didn't start until next week," I said and a loud buzzed went off, making me jump from the sound of it.

"It's a mock game. Practice for the real thing, you know? And your boyfriend, Y/N, is playing so I thought you'd want to show some support," she replied. "Look, there he is!"

I looked around the court but the first person I saw was Sihun. He was staring right at me and I couldn't bring myself to look away.

"Not there, dummy," Rosie said and moved my head to see Y/N doing a layup, shooting the ball into the net easily. "You know, I heard Y/N was about to be team captain but Sihun got it somehow."

"Yeah, I heard that too." I only knew because Lisa told me. Did Sihun really suck up to the coach to get the position?

"Oh, and Lisa's keeping score today. I'm gonna head over for a second."

"Okay," I said as she left. I sat quietly as basketballs were flying all over the gym. I watched as Y/N continued to do countless layups and three point shots. He was really good at them.

Before Y/N could do another layup, his teammates nudge his side and pointed at me. Y/N looked at me but neither of us did much. We just made eye contact until I got distracted by the buzzer sound. Who was controlling that thing? Why did it keep going off like that?

I turned my attention back to where Y/N was but he was suddenly in front of me and I squealed. I even flinch and almost fell back but I caught myself. He sat down beside me and I could see him sweating from practice already.

"Why do you always wear sweaters?" he asked in a pant then took the bottle from my hands to drink what was left inside.

"Do you need more water? I could get it for you," I almost stood up but he held me down by his hand on my thigh.

"Got any plans this weekend?"

The only plans I had were to do homework so I said, "No. Just homework."

"Good. Let me take you shopping. My girlfriend wouldn't wear sweaters to school everyday," he said as he looked at my outfit.

I covered my chest with my hands from his roaming eyes and he smirked. "What's wrong with my sweater? It's Chanel."

"It covers too much."

"That's what clothes are supposed to do, Y/N."

He shook his head, "Let me do something."

He reached over to touch my shoulder and I slapped his hand. "Ah, ah."

"If this is gonna work, you're supposed to listen to me."

"I told you I wouldn't because it's a human rights violation," I argued. I was quick with my tongue and it made him speechless.

"Do you want to make Sihun jealous or not? If yes, you have to show him what he's missing. You have to be a little more confident."

"I'm fairly confident," I mustered.

"Are you?" Y/N asked and held both my hands using one of his so he could pull the collar of my sweater over, revealing my bare shoulder. "There."