Drive-In Movie

JENNIE POV

Y/N was driving down the streets with one hand in the wheel. He picked me up a while ago and still wouldn't tell me where we were heading to. He didn't really speak much at all during this ride. He didn't even say anything about the dress I was wearing. I guess I shouldn't dress nicer for him if he wasn't going to give me any kind of attention.

"Where are we going?"

He picked me up in a pickup truck so I wasn't sure where we needed to go with these things.

"That's the fifth time you've asked me."

"Well, it'd be nice to get an answer."

Y/N shook his head, "It'll ruin the surprise, babygirl."

I bit my tongue, "If you weren't driving, I'd throw something at you for calling me that."

We stopped at a red light and he looked over at me. "How about you throw me a kiss and I'll change your nickname?" he asked and puckered his lips for me. I pushed him away with my fingers just as I did every time he tried that.

"It's not like Sihun's here to see us kissing anyway."

"I just thought you could use the practice."

"Wh... am I not good to kiss?"

"Eh, you're alright. Not bad. But I wouldn't know since you never let me kiss you."

"I'll kiss you if I feel like it."

He scoffed and fixed his vision on the road. "You must think you're really special, huh?" Something must be off with him because he sounded a little rude.

"Excuse me?"

"Guess what Jennie, without me, there's no other reason for anyone to give you attention. All that buzzing about you around school-did you get that when you were dating Sihun? No. And that's why he cheated on you."

After every sentence, my eyes gazed lower. I didn't know what happened to make him so mad but now I felt like crying. Why would Y/N want to take me somewhere if he was going to yell at me when I asked him a question?

You know, after he came to my house that time to try on clothes, I thought that maybe he wasn't too bad and that being him could be fun. But now, I didn't understand why he was being so mean. He didn't have to go for the cheating card...

It took a long time before we arrived at some sketchy place and I thought maybe Y/N was going to murder me for talking back until I saw a sign that read, "Drive-In... Why did you take me here?"

"I heard Sihun would be here tonight. And I thought we could enjoy a movie together."

"You did?" Was Y/N being nice after all?

"But I've already seen this movie before and it sucks."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry. It means we can make out the entire time and not miss much," he said to me with a smile and a wink. I turned away quickly and he laughed, "I'm kidding. But the movie's still trash."

Y/N parked at a spot and got out of the car. He came over to my side but I tried to ignore him.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked softly. I crossed my arms and nodded. He pinched my cheek and I slapped his hand away. He doesn't get to enjoy whatever's so pleasurable about pinching my cheeks. "I parked near Sihun. He's watching you," he said quietly.

I looked around and sure enough, Sihun was staring right at us. He was looking hard at the dress I was wearing too. I guess I overdressed for a drive-in movie.