Prologue

Everyone had said marriage was inevitable, and nothing could tear us apart. We had been so happy. But then everything came crashing down. 

All the love I had selfishly kept to myself, was now bleeding out of me. Causing the worst pain ever. I didn't want to still love him, but I couldn't stop. 

No one understood, no matter how bad they'd gone through. They didn't have a perfect 4 year relationship with the most amazing man, go down in tears. 

People always say the press has a way of making people believe things. Like rumors. The more they would speak about Jimmy and I, the more I stopped listening. But they kept fooling people, and I got asked about it. I had no other choice than to see what it was. 

They were making people believe that there would be news of an engagement, marriage, or a baby, any day. The problem was, I started to believe it too.

The worst part is, I never tried to stop him. I could've. I should have. 

I had everything with him. I was so happy. I thought he was too. But maybe he wasn't happy enough. 

Through every movie night, date night, dinner, picnic, dance, and moment. How could his smile have been fake? Did the flame die?

Or was it that she had been too good to resist. So young, so pretty, and so fuck-able. 

Who was she? The girl Jimmy had left me for? Lori Maddox. A 13 year old life-ruiner.