Chapter Eight

How many times could one person leave you standing in your doorway flustered? Jimmy had now gotten to four times in the past 2 weeks. Of course, once the Led Zeppelin tour started in two days, the rekindled love would probably be forgotten.

It had been almost 2 weeks since Jimmy and I had spoken. Hardly any contact with each other except for awkward glances in the studio. Occasionally one of us would say "Hi" but nothing more. Somehow, I felt more distant from Jimmy now, than I had when we were broken up.

I was sitting in the studio with Robert while he discussed the upcoming tour with Richard Cole. It wasn't that interesting to hear about the different hotels and money limits, but it was better than nothing.

Jimmy walked in, quickly taking off his jacket and hanging it on the coat rack. He then walked briskly into the room, taking a seat beside me. He had joined in on the conversation, making changes to what they were saying based on what Peter had told him.

Every once in a while I could see him glance over at me. His green eyes seemed overwhelmed and stressed. Jimmy seemed nothing more than a mess.

"Well, I think everything is settled then. You have to get all of your things packed by tomorrow so we can leave a day early. That was bad scheduling on my side. Y/N, will you be joining us?" Richard asked politely.

"Oh, no, I have to work," I answered.

From the corner of my eye, I thought I could see Jimmy grow sad. I don't know why he would want me there anyway. He would be too busy with groupies and I would be wasting my own time. Even now he doesn't seem very interested in me. I can't exactly blame him though, planning and preparing for the tour isn't easy.

"We should all be going then, the bags won't pack themselves," Richard laughed.

Robert and Richard walked out together discussing their families, Jimmy stayed back a bit. I was only staying a while longer to gather all of my belongings from the studio. I didn't have the desire to leave anything here until the band got back in January.

Jimmy walked over to where I was sitting and helped me put some notebooks into a bag. I looked up and smiled at him, he mirrored my expression.

"I'm going to miss you, y'know", he said out of the silence.

I looked up at his beautiful face. A face I had missed for years. It was strange for me to think that he would actually miss me. He'd only be gone for three months, and it wouldn't be as bad as when I didn't see him for 3 years. But, it felt weird that he would be thinking of me.

I didn't want to say anything because I knew I would start crying. Instead, I stood up and walked over to hug him.

Jimmy wasn't surprised and held me tight while I rested my head on his shoulder.

"It's only two weeks in Japan, then we'll be back near the area. I'll see you on Thanksgiving and Christmas. And any other time you need me" he started to rub circles on my back. "It'll be alright". He must have felt a tear roll down my cheek and onto his shoulder.

"I'll make sure to call you when I can. And if anything makes you feel better, I'm not going to let any groupies into my hotel room, and no groupies at all for me"

"Thank you", I laughed in gratitude at his statement.

Jimmy pulled out of the hug and placed both his hands on my cheeks. He used his thumbs to wipe some tears off my face. He moved me closer to him and placed his soft lips on my forehead.

"I really am going to miss you", he pulled me in for another hug as I laughed.

Jimmy helped me gather all my things and even walked me home.