Chapter Three

I walked around, trying to find Robert through the fast growing crowd of people. I needed to let him know I was here, and ask what I should do after and during the show.

From the corner of my eye, I could see a car pull up that looked similar to the one Robert had been in before. Not long after I found out that it was his car.

"Robert!", I called out to him while waving my arms. He smiled and walked over to me. Robert shook his head at my actions, his golden hair bouncing with the soft breeze.

"Hello lovely. have a good ride over?", he laughed, expecting me to have hated it.

"Yeah actually, it was decent", I nodded.

I turned my head to look at him, and his face was priceless. Absolute shock and confusion all at once.

"Wow okay then", he started. "I should be getting ready for the show now", he said while turning away.

I mirrored Roberts motions and turned to go find a spot in the crowd. 

"You do know that you have a seat backstage?", Robert said from right behind me.

"Huh?"

"You're sitting backstage to view the show, if that's alright?"

"Oh yeah, that's fine", I walked with Robert to where I was supposed to be seated.

We walked through what felt like a maze for quite a bit before reaching the backstage area. it was filled with all sorts of people, roadies, stage crew, security, friends, and some groupies.

"I  need to get ready, but if you need anything my dressing room is right down that way", Robert pointed to a room not too far away.

I waved him off and headed to a row of seats by the stage. It was an incredible view, and I had no doubt that the show would be amazing from this angle.

"Hello!", a soft, high pitched voice said from behind me.

"Hi?", I turned around and was faced with a waking nightmare. Lori Maddox. 

I turned my head back to where it had been, and cursed under my breath. It had to be her, at this place, at this time.

"I'm Lori, are you going to be sitting backstage here with me?", she asked.

"Um I guess so"

"What's your name?", Lori asked, now leaning closer to me.

"Y/N", I simply stated, walking past her to get to my seat.

She walked over to a chair right beside me. She looked in awe of all the things going on.

"Sorry", she apologized after noticing me looking at her, "I don't usually go to the concerts, Jimmy typically has me in a hotel room".

"Why?", I asked.

"Well, I mean, I'm only 14 so our relationship isn't legal. And he doesn't want me to get out", she confessed.

I felt bad for hating her now. I never got locked in a room by Jimmy, he actually encouraged me to come to his shows. 

"If it's illegal then why did you accept to date him?"

"I actually didn't accept anything. He sort of had me kidnapped and brought to his hotel room", she sighed, "I mean, I'm a groupie so I'm supposed to hook up with rockstars right?", Lori laughed.

"Besides, I didn't even loose my virginity to Jimmy. It was David Bowie", she smiled proudly.

I looked at her with disbelief before turning my attention back to the stage.

All the guys were making their way over to the stage because it was almost time to go on. Everyone was wishing them luck, and they finally walked over to where I was.

"Hey Y/N!"

"Hey Bonzo, good luck out there tonight", I patted his back.

He walked out and I repeated almost the same thing with Jonesy, before Jimmy walked over.

He took Lori by her arm and walked with her a little bit before whispering something in her ear. She nodded her head and walked off.

Jimmy headed over to me next.

"Hey Y/N, I see you've met Lori", Jimmy smiled.

"Yep, and she told me a few things about your relationship, it sounds really healthy", I teased.

He thought I was being serious "It is! Anyways, I've got to get out there, see you after the show!", Jimmy ran off.

I rolled my eyes and hugged Robert. 

"Good luck out there lion boy", I laughed.

"Don't let the whole Lori and Jimmy thing ruin your night. Also, I know what goes between them, you don't need to tell me", he responded.

"Alright, well like I said, good luck", I smiled.

"Thanks dear", Robert hugged me before running out on stage.

Watching the show was everything I had imagined it to be. Powerful, extravagant, and amazing.

Lori came back 40 minutes into the set, with two drinks in hand. She gave one to me, I smiled and nodded.

"Hey", Lori said with a  smile plastered on her face.

I ignored her comment, while taking a sip of my drink, but she continued to speak.

"Those boys are really talented aren't they. Especially Jimmy, he's wonderful", she said while practically staring into Jimmy's soul.

I hummed in response. She seemed confused as to why I wouldn't speak to her, but I tried to pay her no attention.

"Did you know Jimmy shaved his beard about a month ago?", she asked.

"No I didn't actually, that must have been a sight", I chuckled.

"Oh it was, but it looked wonderful"

We continued to watch the show in silence, I was in awe of how wonderfully each of them played. Even though I was upset about hearing what Jimmy was doing to his lover, I still managed to stare at him from time to time. The way his hands moved along his guitar, and the way his hair fell in his face, he looked like an angel.

"You seem to be looking at Jimmy a whole lot", Lori said, snapping me out of a trance.

"Okay", I responded, uninterested in having a conversation with this child.

"You know, his lips are so soft", she gushed.

"I'm aware", I rolled my eyes.

She gasped, "Are you a groupie too?"

"No, I have a life", I snapped.

"Then how do you know?"

"We dated a few years back", I answered.

"What happened?", Lori asked, now looking intrigued on the story that I refused to tell her.

"None of your business"

"Oh", she stated.

I felt bad snapping at her, but she didn't need to know that she caused it. Nor did she need to know that I hated her. She had been through enough with just dating Jimmy.

The show ended and Lori and I went our separate ways after biding each other farewell.

She wasn't too bad, even though I had been quite rude to her. Lori didn't deserve Jimmy's bad treatment, I didn't either. Instead of speaking with Jim or Robert, I left before I could see them and decided to call Robert tomorrow.