Chapter 4

The early morning sunlight weaved its way through the thin curtains of my room, a calm wake-up for my tired body. The show last night had worn me out, so I slept early and woke up much later than I had planned. It was 10 am so I decided to turn on my new Bob Dylan record. I let the soft music flow through the kitchen while I made myself a warm cup of tea and sat down on the armchair to read the newspaper. Nothing new or interesting, as usual.

Intervening with the quiet Saturday morning, was a rhythmic knock at my front door. I got up to see who it was and was met with the one face that I did not want to see. Jimmy Page.

"Good morning Y/N! I didn't see you after the show last night, how come?", he asked innocently.

"I don't know", I lied, "I must have been so tired that I just came home".

"Oh alright then", Jimmy shrugged, "Are you going to let me come in?".

"Oh sure", I gestured him in.

Jimmy took a seat at the table, the same spot he would always sit in when he would come over in the '60s.

He looked around at all the decorations and furniture around the house.

"I see not much has changed", he pointed out.

"Yeah, the only difference is there are different pictures hanging and new cabinet colors", I replied softly.

Jimmy nodded his head and folded his hands together on the table.

My desperate need for conversation between us was little. I was too afraid that I would start bringing up Lori and how it's not right for him to treat her like that. But he knew it. He knew it was wrong and he knew that she was underage. He knew damn well that it would come around to hurt him later, but he let it happen, almost welcoming it.

Jimmy saw Lori and me talking last night but probably trusted her enough to not say anything. Lori deserved better than Jimmy who was an untrustworthy, spontaneous man who purposefully inflicted pain amongst his lovers. And he knew how bad it hurt them. Jimmy was well aware of everything he was doing to Lori and he had known what he was doing to me. But he let it happen.

"Y/N?", Jimmy asked, his voice soft and pleading.

"Yes, Jimmy?"

He hesitated for a moment before speaking again.

"Do you ever miss when we were together?", Jimmy asked staring off at something in the sky.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean?"

He sighed, "I miss when we were together. All the laughs, the dates. Those were the happiest moments of my life, y'know. I don't show it but...", he trailed off.

"I know how you feel"

"Huh?', Jimmy asked.

"That's exactly how I felt when we first broke up, for the first year or so", I confessed to him.

"What about now?"

I hummed asking for an explanation.

"How do you feel now?", Jimmy clarified.

I sighed, "I'm not quite sure", I admitted.

Jimmy nodded and sighed, moving his hands from the table to rub his thighs.

"So I saw you talking to Lori last night"

"And?"

"Well I mean, what do you think of her now that you've met her?"

"Uh, she's nice. Yeah, Lori is a really nice girl. A shame she has to date a dick like you", I mumbled the last sentence so Jimmy couldn't hear.

"Yeah uh, she is great and all but", he stopped and sighed once again. "I'm thinking of breaking up with her".

My eyes got wide and leaned forward to hear more of what Jimmy had to say.

"I've found another girl that I want to take a chance on. She, if she agrees, could be the one. We've talked before, and dated if you will, and she seems to want me back", he shrugged.

I was in awe of the guts he had. Jimmy was really willing to give up a relationship with a nice girl, for some bitch he dated probably in high school. Sure his relationship with Lori was illegal, but at least she was decent! At this point, I knew better than to hate Lori, even if she was annoying and the reason for my depression, she was an okay person who deserves better than Jimmy.

"Jimmy why? Lori is such a nice person, and you want to break up with her? First, you leave me for her, but now you're going to leave her for some chick? Do you know how much pain you're inflicting on all of your lovers?", I asked.

Jimmy looked in shock since I had raised my voice a lot louder than I had intended.

"Even you know it's illegal! And why should you care, I thought you hated her?", he defended.

"I did but once I got to know her she's pretty decent and deserves better than you!", I retorted.

Jimmy and I both looked shocked now. I hadn't meant to say the last part. By the look on Jimmy's face, he hadn't expected me to talk back to him like that.

He shook his head and stood up to leave, his eyes now sad and hoping.

"I thought you were going to be happier about that"

My face questioned his words.

"I thought you were smart enough to know that I was talking about you", Jimmy had now shut the door and was walking back to his house.