Chapter Two

Flashbacks are in italics

"Y/n! Come here! You should hear my song! It's on the radio!", Jimmy called out to me.

I practically ran over to the den where Jimmy was located.

He turned to volume up and looked at me with a proud grin.

"Heyyy she just satisfies

yeahhh you know shes satisfies

so good"

Once the song finished, Jimmy bombarded me with questions.

"Did you like it? What do you think?", he asked eagerly.

"I loved it Jim, it was great", I smiled.

He had me in a soft hug, both of us looking at the others eyes and smiling.

"It's about you, y'know", Jimmy said before giving me a light kiss.

"I figured", I said before kissing him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day at work couldn't have been any shorter. As glad as I am for it feeling short, I didn't want it to end. 

Against my will, I would be attending Led Zeppelin's concert tonight. Which, would be fun except Jimmy was going to want to talk to me. 

Robert said he would pick me up at 7:30 since he wanted to be early. So after work I went straight home, showered, and got ready. I decided on a pair of jeans and a silky purple tank top. 

Not long after, I heard my doorbell ring. Thinking it was Robert, I ran down the stairs and grabbed my purse while sliding on some shoes. I opened the door and was met with the face of James Patrick Page. 

"What are you doing here", I asked with crossed arms.

"Uh, Robert said this was where he was gonna be, He was gonna have me get him for the show", Jimmy looked so innocent when he spoke, I assume Robert had played a trick.

"That's funny, Robert said he was going to get me for the show around now", I checked my watch to make sure it was correct.

"And look who it is!", I say while throwing my arms in the air, annoyed.

Robert was pulling into the driveway looking guilty and shocked seeing me and Jimmy face to face at my door.

He got out of his car and walked up to the front porch where we were standing.

"Heyy guys", awkwardness filling his voice.

"Rob can I talk to you in the living room please?", he nodded and I grabbed his shirt sleeve, dragging him to the small and messy room.

"Why the hell did you send Jimmy here?"

"I uh I. Well, I thought that maybe the two of you would talk things through, you know. Like at least become borderline comfortable around one another", he was scratching the back of his neck when he spoke, which to me showed that he really was sorry.

"Robert, I know you mean well, but I don't think that's going to happen. You know that Jimmy and I ended on bad terms, you can't fix that with just introducing us again. It would be near impossible for one of us to forget the others name. All of his demons look just like me, and him mine", I say while rubbing Robert's arm. 

"I'm sorry I got so mad, It's just really hard to be stable around someone who has hurt you like hell and regrets nothing about it"

"I get it, you want me to stay out of it. But if you need me, I'm here okay?", Robert smiled.

"Yes sir", I rolled my eyes playfully. 

Robert and I walked out of the house, arms linked and hearts full. Jimmy had taken a seat on one of the chairs on the porch, and had just stood up when he saw us coming.

"So it's off to the show now?", Robert asked.

Jimmy and I both shook our heads, nodding with approval.

We walked over to the car and Robert had a sudden realization. 

"There won't be room for both of you"

"I can drive myself there, it's fine Rob", I reassured.

"Then you'll have to take Jimmy with you"

"Why, might I ask, do I have to take Jimmy with me, Robert?", I raised an eyebrow and my blond friend who looked tired from all the drama.

"There is no space in the car because we have one more spot, and that's for Peter. I can't switch because Peter needed to talk to me before the show", Robert reasoned.

I rolled my eyes and waved him off, heading over to where my car was parked.

"Coming cheater?", I asked.

Jimmy shook his head and got in the car. The first part of the ride was silent, neither of us wanting or needing to say anything.

"So...", Jimmy trailed off.

"Watch what you say next", I warned.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"That's a funny question", I started. "Well, maybe it's because you left me for some 14 year old. Ooh, or maybe because you left me abruptly. Or how you forgot I existed, but probably because after all that, you still act like the victim"

Jimmy let out a sigh and wiped his forehead of the growing stress.

"When you put it like that, yeah I guess I was the one who fucked up real bad. But to me it felt like things had been ending for us, so I didn't think it would hurt you so bad, I'm sorry Y/N, I really am", he pleaded.

"Look, you can say sorry as much as you want, but that doesn't heal the scars you made", I rubbed my arm which was getting cold from my choice of wearing a tank top.

The song on the radio had now changed, to an all familiar tune. One that I knew far too well. 

"Heyyyy, she just satisfies

yeahhh, you know she satisfies

so good"

I turned and looked at Jimmy who looked shocked.

"I didn't know the radio still played this", he mumbled under his breath.

He looked at me, I now had my eyes glued to the road, trying not to crash the car.

"It's our song remember?", Jimmy said with a soft smile. "We used to put this on and slow dance around the den. Then you would step on my toes and we would laugh"

I nodded, feeling tears forming at the brim of my eyes. For almost hating Jimmy, god I missed being with him. 

We were just arriving at the venue for the show, I parked and we got out. Jimmy must have noticed me getting cold, and set his leather jacket around my shoulders, before running off to get ready.

Everything about him seemed dark and mysterious, yet charming and peaceful. He can be a pain in the ass, but I felt myself slowly falling for him again.