The Soft Boy

I was at a party when I saw a friend of a friend, Adam Banks. He was so hot. Him and I were kind of friends but we never really hung out by ourselves. We only talked when we were in a group of people. I really wanted to get to know him. He seemed like a good guy from what I heard but he was pretty friendly with the ladies so I can kind of assume the type of guy he is; he'll get close with a girl and make her feel special just to hump and dump her, he only cares about himself and hockey. But I shouldn't judge him without getting to know him.

Him, Charlie, and Fulton come over to me and Charlie and Fulton ask me about some girls that I'm on the cheer team with. "Guys, they aren't interested! How many times do I have to tell you?" I laugh at them and sip my drink. I realized that Adam doesn't seem too into the cheerleader talk. "They all have boyfriends and the ones who don't, don't want you. Sorry to break it to you." I shrug and Fulton replies, "Whatever. I'm gonna go find Dean and see if he wants to pick up chicks." He rolls his eyes and Charlie follows, "Wait up!" I laugh and look over to see Adam is still here.

"They are so desperate" he shakes his head. "You're saying you don't want any of those girls? Are they not good enough for you?" I sit down on the chair next to me and he sits beside me. "'Not good enough'? I don't have very high standards. They're pretty but too stuck up, like you." I nearly spit out my drink. "I'm not stuck up. I just know the type of guy you are so I'm keeping my guard up." "You don't even know me." He replies with that squinted eyes, scrunched up face he always makes. It was cute. "Okay. Then tell me about you. Prove me wrong." I take another drink of my white claw. "Let's go somewhere quieter" he takes my hand and guides me outside to his car. "See Adam, you're already showing me you're just who I think you are-" he cuts me off, "I'm not gonna try anything with you, just come."

We get inside his car. I sit in the passengers seat and he sits in the drivers seat. He starts the car and I get nervous but he only turns the AC on and plays music. It's 'Cuco', I like it. "Alright so, where should I start?" He asks and I reply saying his hobbies. "Well, I obviously like hockey but that's not all I do. I like photography and music too. They both really help me express myself. I don't make music but I do photography and it's basically free therapy." I smile at his words. "You'll have to show me your work sometime." That was my lame attempt to flirt but he agrees. "Yeah definitely. We'll have to make that a date" he winks and I roll my eyes playfully. "So what else are you like?" He sits there for a second thinking of an answer. "I dunno how to answer that. I like to just chill with my friends. And I mean yeah I talk to a lot of girls and stuff but it's not like what you think." He looks down, "Then what's it like Adam?" I ask him and he hesitates to answer. "Well it's like, I know I can have them but they're too easy. I'm not slut shaming them but I want a girl with a little more respect for herself and more morals I guess you could say. Someone who won't throw herself at me..." he trails off, "I'm usually pretty private but I feel comfortable with you." I blush and I know he can tell because he gives me a look and blushes too. "I was completely wrong about you, I'm sorry.." I feel awkward and a little embarrassed about how I thought of him earlier. "Don't apologize. It's not a big deal" he reassures me and we listen to the music playing in his car. It was some good stuff. "Well I really like you. I think you could even be my friend." We both chuckle to each other. "Who said I wanted to be your friend?" I roll my eyes and look away from him. He pulls my face towards him, "I'm kidding." I smile at him and we sit there for a while longer before he drives me home.

This was requested and I'm not sure if I did what you were expecting but if not I can always write more. Plus I like to think Adam would actually be like this◡̈
~Brooklyn