-21-

"I barely even know her, why do you care?"
"I've always cared and I still do! Why are you in her life?"
I rush over, making sure that no car hits me.
"Y/N?" Tendo says with a surprised expression.
Kunimi turns to me, "Why are you here?"
"Why are yall arguing?!"
Kunimi grabs my shoulders, "Y/N. I still care about you, and I'll admit I'm jealous of Tendo."
I look down in confusion, trying to find the right words to say.
"Then why did you go with Akaha?"
"I-I wanted to make you jealous.."
"Jealous my ass." I look up at him trying to hold back hot tears from falling. "Do you know how much I cried?" I point back to the team. "They're here for me when you aren't. It's a misunderstanding, I'm not dating Tendo I barely met him. Plus, I told you that I liked you, so why would I go to Tendo?"
Kunimi looks at me with regret in his eyes. He knows he's messed up big time.
"I'm sorry." He says quietly wrapping his arms around me.
I couldn't hold it in anymore, so I cried on his shoulder. I didn't care who was watching, what they were thinking, or what they wanted to say.
Kunimi still held onto me and he said something to the team. He let go of the hug, took my hand in his, and we started walking. I didn't know where, but it was the direction to home.
"I'll break up with her." He says looking down at me. "Just for you."
I nodded and smiled softly, wiping tears from my eyes and sniffing.
He let go of my hand and pulled out his phone and immediately started texting someone. I glanced over and he started to type "we're breaking up, sorry Akaha."
He taps on the send button and I smile.

We get home and we both sit down on the couch.
"Y/N, im sorry for causing so much trouble." Kunimi says with a slight frown.
"It's okay, thank you for saying sorry." I hug him tightly and feel his arms wrap around my waist. I feel his lips peck my cheek.
"I love you, Y/N. I really do."
I hug him even tighter.
I never know how much Ive been longing to hear those words until Ive actually heard it.
"Promise?" I say letting go of the hug and showing my pinky finger.
He clings his pinky to mine.

"I promise."