Chapter two - School as a Senior

I pulled up into the school's parking lot and climbed out of the car before grabbing my bag as Dimitri grabbed his. I locked the car door and walked with Dimitri over to Quinton's car. Quinton was parked next to Salima, who was parked next to Colin, who was parked next to the twins, Damon and Daniella. We were all the best of friends and Dimitri was the tag along, but to make sure that I didn't draw a lot of attention to myself, Dimitri and I pretended that we were dating.
Only a select few people knew who I was such as my friends, but no one else and everyone else though that Dimitri was a repeating vampire as he didn't age. According to everyone we'd been dating for 5 years when really every time I kiss him, my stomach churns. I don't love him at all.
"Hey guys," I said as I walked over to them and hugged them each. Dimitri came and stood beside me. I mentally groaned at him being there. I was the first one out of our group to turn 18 and so my friends were all getting really excited about me being a vampire.
"Hey Zoey, you excited about becoming a vampire in a week?" Quinton asked. Quinton was a Lord, or at least a Lord to be. His father is in the council that my father talks to. We've known each other since we were in nappies. Quinton had red hair and green eyes, he was the spitting image of his mother.
"Sort of, the only downside is that everyone here will know I'm Princessa Zofia Rosalinda Esmerelda DeLa Rose," I whispered to them. "Instead of being just Zoey Rose." I sighed at them.
"Well enjoy it while it lasts." Salima said. She was a Duchess and was being raised by her Aunt on her mother's side, not a Duchess. Salima was expected to marry a Duke or Lord one day. Salima was blonde, but a dirty blonde and she had green eyes, not the normal blue.
"There is silver lining." Colin said to me. Colin's family are scientists and very highly respected by my parents. Colin looks like his father, brown hair and brown eyes.
"Which is?" I asked.
"You and Dimitri can stop pretending to be in love." He told me and I smiled at him.
"That is true." I said to him and looked at Dimitri, who wasn't looking at us, but at the surrounding area to make sure I was safe.
The twins smiled with me and then the bell rang to signal that we had 5 minutes to get to home room. The twins were the children of the Prime minister. We were all sent to the highly guard and closely kept secreted vampire school for children of high officials. Everyone thought that I was the daughter of some Lord. The twins have the same eye colour, hazel, but Daniela's hair was black and Damien's was as hazel as his hair.
The gang hurried off to grab their timetables from the office and Dimitri and I hung back for a moment. He looked at me with a sheepish grin.
"Ready to be in 'love', Princessa?" He asked me quietly and I nodded at him as I put on a fake, but believable grin and took his hand in mine. I entwined our fingers and we walked over to the office to grab our timetables. The headmaster, teachers and staff knew who I really was, but they were sworn to secrecy.

"Good morning, Princessa." The receptionist said to me as she handed me and Dimitri our timetables, which we took with our other hands.
"Good morning, Bathilda, I trust you are well."
"I am, dear Zofia and I look forward to your vampirism celebration next week." She said to me and I nodded to her before walking out the empty office. We went to my locker, which was next to Dimitri's and not by chance, where I put my coat in there along with the books for the classes that I didn't have today, the rest stayed in my bag. I re-entwined my fingers with Dimitri's and we walked into our home room.

I got to have one class without Dimitri and that was P.E. I took it because it was all girls and I knew that he couldn't get into this class, no matter how hard he tried, but that didn't stop him from taking me to the changing rooms where all the other girls stared at him because he was good looking. He smiled as the girls stared hungrily at him and he leaned down to me to kiss me sweetly on the lips. There were a lot of low growls and snarls from the girls as he kissed me, but I really wish he was kissing someone else because his kisses made my stomach churn. I had to sell it though and so I had to wrap my arms around his neck while he held on to my waist. He stopped kissing me and I pulled away from him before watching him walk off. I went into the change room and straight for the bathroom to wash my mouth out with water because we really had to sell the fact we'd been together for 5 years by making out.

We played netball in P.E. today and it was one of my favourite sports. The only thing I didn't like about P.E. was Penelope McClarkin, head Cheerleader and all around bitch. She was the daughter of the Secretary of Education and so she could get away with murder if she wanted to. She could do anything in this school and no one could touch her, no one, but me. She hated that I stood up to her. She had perfect blonde hair and blue eyes to match. She also wanted Dimitri, well she can have him come next Friday night.

"Looks like Zoey came back, I thought that scratch I gave you last term would have warned you off." She sneered at me and the memory of when she attacked me for standing up to her came to mind.

FLASHBACK
It was a few days before summer and Dimitri was in one of those tank tops that made all the girls swoon and we were in the library. I was acting like the swooning girlfriend as I lay with my head on his lap and he read to me.
"Well isn't this sweet? Dimitri and his little lap dog."
"God Penelope, can't you just go away? You just annoy people. You're not scary." I moaned at her as I got up and straightened out my corset top and shorts.
"Do you not realise that I can have you expelled? Do you know who my father is?"
"Oh I know who he is, but I doubt very highly that you would be able to expell me." I said with a smirk on my face.
"Just you watch." She said as she walked off.
"Oh and Penelope, please do stop drolling over my boyfriend, we've been together for 5 years, you and him are not going to happen." I said and she spun around, nails extended and slashed me across the arm because I brought my arm up to shield myself. I fell to the floor and held my bleeding arm. Dimitri was up and holding Penelope by the neck.
"Are you ok, Zoey?"
"My arm, it's bleeding." I said to him and he growled at Penelope before dropping her. She coughed and held her throat as she looked at him wide eyed before scurrying off. Dimitri picked me up and cut his finger with his fang before letting me drink from it. Normally I shouldn't be doing this, but if my mother found out I got hurt, Dimitri would be in so much trouble.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Well bitches like you could never scare me." I sneered at her.
"I hear your 18th is next week." She said to me. "Same day as the Princesses."
"Yes I know, will you be going to her bash?"
"Her ball? Yes, I am intrigued to finally meet her. I am sure her and I shall get a long swimmingly." She said and I smirked at what she said. There was no why she and I would be friends. I cannot wait to see her face once she realises that I am the Princessa.
"Well I am sure you and Princessa Zofia will have a lot to talk about." I said to her as I walked off and got changed.

"Why you insist on taking that retched class with that spineless cretin, I'll never know." Dimitri said to me as he led me to lunch. He had his arm draped across my shoulder and was leading me to our usual table before he went to get us food. He's been doing this for 5 years now.
"I like to prove to her that I don't need you around me all the time, that I don't need protecting." I said to him as I sat down at the table with my friends. He walked off to get my food because he doesn't eat and I started to talk to my friends.
"So how was P.E. with the retched one?" Quinton asked as I sat next to him.
"OK, she's intrigued to finally meet the Princessa." My friends all stifled laughs. "She said that they will have a lot to talk about and that they could even become friends." That did it, they all started laughing hysterically then.
"I think she'll be in for the shock of her life." Salima said.
"I actually cannot wait to see the look on her face when they announce your arrival and you descend the staircase." Colin said.
"I think you'll look beautiful." Daniella said and I smiled at her for saying it.
"It will be different though, school, I mean once your secret is out." Damien told me and the mood deflated a little. I nodded at him and clutched my hand together.
"I know, I won't be Zoey anymore and that upsets me, but this is my last year, maybe it is time they knew the truth and it has allowed me to see the truth behind the council families." I told my friends.

It was nice to be back at school and be myself, but I knew that my secret was on its way to being revealed and there was nothing I could do about it. I had limited time to be Zoey Rose before I had to fully be Princessa Zofia DeLa Rose. I liked my high school, I liked that I could be me and not Zofia, but I had a duty and it was coming for me.