Chapter 5 - Erik

Erik and Zoey first meet

Zoey's dress in the corner -

~o0O0o~

Zoey's POV
This party was really getting on my nerves. If people weren't talking about me, then they were looking at me. Half of them hated me, which was mostly people from my school and half of them were trying to kiss my feet as I was the Princess as well as the next ruler. My parents were talking to a few people and my nanny was not allowed down here.
I went up to my parents and said that my powers were playing up. I told them that I was feeling ill and that I think I should retire for the night. My father wished me goodnight and said that he hoped I felt better, but my mother thought that it un-wise and bad that I retire from my own party, to which I told her that everyone had seen me and everyone knew of me, so there was little reason for me to stick around. I kissed my father goodnight and retired to my bedroom with my nanny.
"Cristina, cover for me, please." I told her as I got out of my dress and pulled my tiara off. I left on my make up and I left my hair tied back, but I took off the earrings and necklace. I took the ring off to make sure that it was safe here and handed it to my nanny. I put on a pair of black jeans, a black tee and a pair of converses before going to the balcony. "I'm just going for a run." I told her and she nodded at me as I jumped down from my balcony, gracefully and landed on the leaf covered ground. I crouched down low to absorb the impact and then ran off into the woods.
It was nice to feel the wind in my hair and my muscles being stretched out. I watched as the trees blurred past me and the colours melded into a mixture of browns and greens. I got a far bit away from the party and all the lights when I smelt it, or should I say him. He wasn't one of us and he wasn't meant to be here. There was a Werewolf on my land.

I used my inhanced stealth to creep up to him and I could see him from where I was crouched down low. I made sure that I was hidden and that the wind was blowing in my face. He wouldn't catch my scent, but I caught his. It was musky and wooden, just what I expected from a Werewolf, but what I didn't expect was the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg, my two favourite things to put in my coffee. I didn't expect him to smell so yummy and look just as hot. He had brown hair, medium length and a little spiked at the ends. I could see the emerald gleam of his green eyes and his body was covered in muscle. He was crouched down low and he was watching something, my party.

"I don't believe the King and Queen extended and invitation to Werewolves this evening." I said as I rushed out in front of him. He jumped back, obviously not sensing my presence and he got into a fighting stance.
"They didn't, I'm a rouge wolf and I just came to see what all the commotion is about." He told me.
"They are unveiling the Princess." I said as he relaxed a little.
"Her name?"
"Zofia DeLa Rose." I told him and he looked at me.
"Did you come from there?" I looked away at the party and then down at my perfectly manicured finger nails. I sighed. "I didn't mean to probe, but you just look so...pretty and your hair is done up, it made me think." He said quickly.
"No, I did...I'm...um..." I quickly thought of a lie to tell him. "I'm the Princess's best friend, but I wasn't feeling well, so I went for a run to get away from all the fuss."
"You're her best friend? You're name is?"
"Zoey,"
"Do you smell that?" I heard a guard ask another guard about a mile to the south and I heard the movement of the other guy's neck as he nodded.
"Were!" They both said and I snapped my attention back to the Werewolf.
"You have to go." I told him quickly and he looked at me suspiciously. I heard the guards getting closer. "We have to go, guards are coming." I urged him and his eyes widened at me as he suddenly smelt them. They were close. He ran north and I followed him, I couldn't be caught. I followed him through the musky forest and past the tall trees to a dingy looking shack with moss growing up one of the sides. It was a dirty brown colour and the wood looked ready to fall.
"Why did you follow me?" He growled at me.
"I couldn't risk being found."
"Why? You're of the Royal Court." He eyed me suspiciously.
"Yes, but I'm meant to be at the Party and I lied to them. I said I was ill and went to bed, but I'm not in bed, obviously. If I was caught, I would be in serious trouble." I huffed at him. He went over to the shack door and unlocked it. "You going to let me in, or what?" I asked and he growled low as he asked me to come in. I walked into the place and it was small, but cosy. It was nicer looking on the inside than the outside. The walls were a beige colour and there was a cosy little living room which led to the kitchen. There was a door, which was slightly ajar and led to the bedroom. It was warm because of the roaring fire and it was sweet in here.
I could happily hide out here till the guards move on.

~o0O0o~

Seems like Zoey and Erik are stuck with each other for now.... :P ooooh