Chapter Eight - Chopsticks

A/n: hey what would you guys think of a sequel to Perfection.? (One of my other stories.) I kind of miss writing about Beth and Harry and Yeah, so maybe I'll do that.... And this is really random but would it be weird if I started collecting sports bras? I mean, I love them... Aaand, as I said before, this story will run parallel to my other story, "I'm Keeping My Promise" which is a Zayn fic, and the band and their girlfriends (in my other story) will be in this chapter. So, you will see some Haylor, Zendall, and Neese action(: enjoy!

~~~~~

A week after that first ultrasound, I had a tiny little baby bump. I almost couldn't fit into my jeans.

"Holy shit," I mumbled, trying to get into my pants.

This just drove me over the edge. I started crying and wailing and sobbing. I don't know why this made me so mad, but it did. Maybe I was just being a moody pregnant woman, which I was, but I just couldn't stand the thought of getting fat. I sat on the floor in my bedroom, pants half on, crying.

"Paige?" I heard a voice call.

Shit, I forgot Ed was picking me up to get breakfast before work.

"Where are you?" His footsteps came nearer and nearer to the bedroom door.

I braced myself as I heard the knob jiggle.

"Paige, what- What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked, coming to my side.

"I'm fat," I sobbed, fully knowing I sounded ridiculous.

"Shh, shh, no you aren't, it's okay," He held me and rocked me back and forth.

"Yes, I am. I can't even button my pants. Now, I'm not only going to be known as the hot nurse or the pregnant nurse, but also the FAT nurse." I crumpled into his chest.

"Hey, hey, look at me." He took my chin in his hand and tilted it up so I was looking into his gorgeous blue eyes. "You're beautiful."

At that point, the butterflies inside me took over, and I leaned up and kissed him.

"Do you believe me?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah, yeah I think so." I nodded.

"So, now you know that you are not, in any way, fat." He smiled, kissing my hand. "Lay down."

"What?" I asked, not understanding.

"Lay down," he repeated, and I did as I was told.

He lifted my shirt, and pressed his lips gently to it, as he had the day of the ultrasound.

I giggled, as his lips tickled.

"You're wonderful," I told him.

"And you're perfect," he smiled, leaning in for another kiss.

~~~~~~

Two days after that, we went out to dinner, as I had the day off of work and I was eager to be somewhere other than one of our apartments or the hospital or the nursing home, and Ed wanted me to meet his friends.

We went to a small sushi place, called Fugiyama. I wore a sweater dress and flats, because it was luckily able to stretch over my growing stomach.

When Ed came to my apartment to pick me up, I was doing my makeup. He knocked before coming in, because the door was never locked when I was home. He called my name, and I responded saying I was in the bathroom.

He knocked, and I opened the door.

I pecked him on the cheek, and told him to come in.

"I'll be ready in a minute," I told him, putting on eyeliner.