Chapter Twelve

A/N: so sorry I haven't updated, my dipshit of a computer deleted half the wonderful chapter I wrote for you guys. Sooo here's a new chapter because looking back at it I didn't like it, so there's a bright side to anything, I guess. But, I had gotten really frustrated with coming up with new ideas and took like an eleven day break, sorry. Butttttt, I'm back now! Woohoo!

I sound so lame. I apologize for my awkwardness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Paiges Point Of View*

My eyes snapped open, and I realized I was in my bed, with Ed's arms wrapped tightly around me. He was still happily asleep. I smiled to myself, but then remembered the events of last night. I shivered, and attempted to release myself from his firm grasp.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled, nudging his jaw into your shoulder blade, his grasp tightening.

"I was going to get up," I sighed.

"Stay with me," Ed whispered in my ear.

I shivered, and he pulled me in closer. I eventually relaxed, resting my head against his firm, yet soft, chest.

"Paige?" Ed kissed my neck softly.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"I love you," He said aloud.

I paused, taking what he'd just said in. He loved me? Without thinking, the words that were on my mind escaped my lips. "I love you, too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke the next morning, and prepared myself for the day. I had work, and had a new motivation to deliver babies.

"Paige, you're needed in delivery room three," Mary called to me.

I rushed to the room at the end of the hall, and quickly washed my hands in the sink next to the door.

Another nurse slipped gloves over my hands, and I thanked her.

I saw a woman lying in the bed, looking exhausted and in pain. Glancing down at her chart, I saw her name was Adrienne.

"Hi, Adrienne. I'm Paige, a nurse. I'll be delivering your baby." I smiled at her, and sat down on the stool at the end of her bed. Other nurses buzzed around the room, preparing. A nervous looking man, presumably her husband, stood next to Adrienne, clutching her hand.

"I'm Erik, her husband," he said, reading my mind.

"It looks like you're about five centimeters dilated, so it may be a little while before it's time to push." I said sympathetically. I knew it was really uncomfortable for women to wait around in labor.

"God damned it," Adrienne laid her head back in defeat. "It's taking forever!"

"You'll be alright, love." Erik leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"You try and push a PERSON out of your-" Adrienne shouted, but I cut her off.

"Is this your first child?" I asked.

She nodded, sweat matting down her bangs.

"Look, I know you're scared, and probably in some discomfort, but soon, you'll have a beautiful baby." I smiled, and stood from my seat. Another nurse removed my gloves and disposes of them.

"How do you know?" Adrienne groaned.

"Because I've delivered many babies," I pointed at my stomach. "And I'm pregnant, and I'm scared beyond belief, but I know everything is going to turn out alright, and you have to, too."