ACT II SCENE I

Through watery, bloodshot eyes you watched (but did not see) the city lights as they flew past the passenger window on your sorrowful journey bound homewards, the slight patter of the rain a fitting addition to the orchestra that consisted of the sombering cacophony of sobs and voice cracks you hurled at the driver in a pitiful attempt to vocalise and mitigate your woes.

So the exasperated and rather fed up Cabbie responded in kind.

With pity.

"I must apologise for your loss, young lady... it is not every day one looses a family member so very..." He observed your state mindfully "...close to them."

After all, how can one get so dreadfully cut up about the death of someone who wasn't their closest of allies, bound only by blood and one in spirit? Unbeknownst to the man you were about to prove him very wrong and violently dash his preconceptions out the window you had currently taken to howling at...

"...And the worst of it is that he'll never even know who I aaaaaaaam!" You managed between heavy breaths.

What?

"S-so your telling me whilst, this, Rengoku character was still alive the two of you hadn't even been acquainted?!" The cabbies eyes resembled a comical display of saucers.

"And a character he was Oji san..."

Oji - what now?

"... an animation, an illustration, a man of 2d that didn't (and still doesn't) exist in our world... but fear not... FOR HE SHALL LIVE ON IN MY HEART!"

And with that a fresh torrent of salt rivers exited your eyes.

"OH LIFE IS NOT DAIJOUBU!!!"

It was at that moment he was convinced... you were an absolute nutter.

--------

Do point out any spelling or grammatical errors you see... My eyesight isn't what it used to be...