ACT IV SCENE II

———————————-
Author's note:

Uhhhh... I'm back... again. I wanted to say: Thanks for 1k views! It means a lot! ⁺⸜(●′▾‵●)⸝⁺

————————————-

"WAIT FOR ME, RENGOKU MY DEAR!"

"HOW MAY I BE OF ASSISTANCE?"

Wuh?

—-

"RENGOKU-SAMA?!"
"Indeed, you called?"

There he was... the object of your affections, the nenderoid on your dresser, the poster on your bedroom wall(s), and the fan-art embodying your slightly risqué phone background.

Standing. In front. Of you.

So, a bit of the work of pure happenstance and you had finally crossed paths with the driving force of this story... who'd apparently heard your exclamation. How embarrassing.

But then again... Who said you can't save a man and romance him at the same time?

"I-I'm a new slayer, and I should like to introduce myself to you Rengoku - sama!"
HE'S LOOKING AT ME. WERE MAKING EYE CONTACT FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
"I'm a big fan and I look forward to working (incredibly closely) alongside you in future... U-uh..."

U-umm...

You'd barely uttered a sentence and had already run out of words, it was preposterous!
For how many a time had you dreamed of what you would say to man before you? Serenading him with incredibly complex Japanese poetry under an ethereal full moon? Peering into each other's eyes while surrounding wildlife stills in awe of your enduring love? Locking arms, locking eyes and Locki-
Anyhow- we're getting carried away...

I NEED TO SAY SOMETHING... DAMMIT... UGH... HES GONNA THINK IM A WEIRDO-

"AH! I THOUGHT I RECOGNISED YOU! The young lady that fell from the sky! I have to ask - are you alright?"

The conversation had been saved!

"O-Oh,I'm fine! Thanks for asking... it was the kindness of the butterfly estate that helped me recover."

A bright smile stretched across his face, hands resting with confidence on either side of his hips.

He gave you a curious once over-
"Ah, well that's good to hear! Let's do our best! HAHAHAHAHA! - although on this occasion you'll have to excuse me - I have a summons to attend. I look forward to working with you in future!"

Peering at your future in his eyes had pulled your attention away from the, large, warm hand placed on your left shoulder.

Alas, before you could combust.

Rengoku was gone.

——————————

You stared idly at the ceiling of your room - located in a less populated corner of the estate; it acted as your temporary accommodation, courtesy of Ubayashiki - sama, before you were escorted the following day to the location of your soon to be mentor, Misturi.

The evening air was warm, not excessively so - just enough to welcome the soothing hum of cicada - an ode to the humidity of Japanese summer. The sounds were carried down the surrounding halls, streaming slowly into your ears as soft as a whisper.

Your limbs were sprawled out atop a futon that lay centre of the room. The furnishing was sparse; a scarily accurate reflection of the state of the thoughts floating about the recesses of your mind.

You exhaled.
Sniffed.
Squirmed.
Stilled.
Scratched your stomach.
Stopped.

All before flipping your body a complete 180 and screaming the ever living HELL out of your lungs, using the pillow to mute your screeching.

The interaction today had made it painfully obvious. Seeing the man in the flesh. In all his flaming glory. In 3D, 4K UHD. And it had only solidified the importance of your mission.
The aura of unadulterated kindness and heroism! His smile! Your meeting - in anime terms - was a sign of future romance! He can't die!

Well, forgetting the dreadful fact that he had already bore witness to your fall from the sky looking like a disheveled bird...

Once you two are married (it SHALL be so) - all will be forgotten.

Hopefully.

That utter ball of handsome sunshine? Dead!? KILLED?! Naw. Not with me around. NOT while I'm here...
B-but How the HELL am I going to survive an encounter with an upper moon...
POOH! For my husbando? I'll think of something...yeah...

And, once again - with Rengoku on your mind, that was the state in which you drifted off to sleep.