{2. Getting Beau's Help}

Okay, I don't think I like writing in third person so before we get much further in waiting to First person POV!

By Sunday night, only four hours after coming up with the idea, I had realized how completely ridiculous it was.

I knew I could never ask Beau to do something like that, to ruin his life for me. All the opportunities he'd miss out on.

But then on Tuesday, Wyatt reminded me exactly why I need to try anything I can to get away.

"Thank you for the flowers." I mutter, as Wyatt stands from the table to leave.

"Of course, my love." He walks toward me, at the opposite end of the table, instead of toward the door where I expected him to go. "I'm glad to see you're moving on from our argument last week."

"Well," I start, trying to hide my frustration. Stepping back as he steps forward."I figured, since that will never happen again, we should but it behind us, since we're getting married next month."

"Very wise." He whispers, stepping forward again. This time, when I step away, my back hits the wall. "On your part."

Suddenly his hand comes up, his warm fingers  wrapping around my chin. His skin may be warm but his touch is like ice.

I try to turn my face and he tightens his grip, his cold, ice-like eyes zeroing in on my mouth. Quickly, my palms start to sweat, my heart rate picking up.

"Don't." His grip tightens again, with iron like strength.

"Why not, my love?" He questions with a mocking tone. "We're to be married soon, and if Annie cannot entertain me until our wedding night, then I see no other option."

"It's not proper." I can hardly get my voice out. His eyes narrow half a fraction, and a small smile starts to cover his face.

"Fine." Slowly he pecks the corner of my mouth. "Until it is proper."

He rapidly releases my face and I feel all the blood rush back.

"And get the flowers out of your hair." He rips out one of the daisies. "You look like a child."

"Brianna?" Beau's voice, pulls me from my thoughts. "Are you back there?"

"Come on back!" I call from the house part of my father's store. Moments later, I hear the hinges of the moving counter squeak. I look at the supper table one more time to make sure everything is set up perfectly.

"Hey." He walks into the house, removing his hat and setting down on the table.

"I hope you're hungry." I tell him, motioning to the table.

My plan is to convince him that he should take me with him, that I can be a good wife and helpful on the farm.

"Unfortunately, Tim needs help with his barn roof so I have to go but I want to tell you good-by."

"What?"

And all my plans are for nothing.

"I'm sorry, but I'm leaving Friday and I didn't want to leave without a good-by."