Video games

Fateh paced around his room impatiently. It was past eight in the night and still here was so sign of his wife. It was their time to play video game. How can she forget?. He smirked at the thought that she was escaping this because last time she had almost lost to him. He was not letting her escape today and he was going to defeat her today.

Tejo was busy helping in the kitchen, she noticed the time and sighed. Fateh was not going to be happy with her. She tried to excuse herself but to her vain, she was taunted and was forced to work more. She was cutting the vegetables when she felt someone poking her shoulder. Already irritated that she had to miss one of the interesting matches where finally she could defeat fateh and he had to take her out for ice cream as a price for losing against her. She looked up only to find fateh standing near her staring at her with victorious glint in his eyes.
" You've already accepted defeat my dear wife, so when I am getting my treat? "
Tejo scoffed " In hell I will accept my Defeat, if not for this kitchen work. I could have shown you ". Fateh frowned at her before he started dragging her with him.
" Fateh what are you doing? " Tejo asks him. Why had no one said her that she was marrying a manchild.
" we are going to play now, I'm going to show you" he says to her much to her frustration. Gurpreet and Nimmo stares in disbelief. Mahi was controlling her giggles.
" I have work in kitchen " Tejo reasons to him and tries to free herself but fateh tightens his grip on her hand.
" I am taking my wife with me, she has been working from afternoon. Manage yourselves the remaining things " Fateh says firmly staring at both his mother and aunt and then drags tejo with him. Mahi bursts into giggles looking at Gurpreet and Nimmo's reaction. Way to go fateh veerji she thinks and goes to her room.

Fateh pulls tejo into their room and locks it. He drops himself on his bean bag and takes hold on his lucky remote control. Tejo glares at him before taking her seat beside him and taking her remote control.
" I am finally going to defeat you today " fateh declares. Tejo rolls her eyes at his declaration. Fateh has been telling the same thing from last two months and everytime he says that he ends up losing it. This is their fifth video game they are playing together and tejo for some reason appreciates his optimism. She has almost made her mind to let him win this, Two tickets to boxing match will not cost her so much. She smiled reminiscing the last two months though they started on a rough note, within two weeks of bickering they were back to being best friends. This did not sit well with his brother and mother in law and his maachi but who cares. She had her best friend back who doesn't frown at her or avoids her, she had her lafandar back. that was all that mattered.
This playing video games had become their thing and fateh was very possesive of it. He would not let anyone interrupt it, Last time his brother was pushed out of the room for trying to ruin it. Amrik had to apologize for one whole week to her and fateh before fateh finally forgave him. The last four times fateh had lost, he had taken her out to restaurants to movies. The more time they spend the more they started enjoying each other's company. 
Fateh had blocked jasmine's number long before out of frustration because she kept calling him in middle of the games which cost  him the game. Tejo never thought she could be happy in this marriage but she is happy in this marriage. Her mother in laws taunts have reduced to a great extend because of Fateh's protective nature, she and mahi bonded over teasing fateh. Her father in law always expresses how proud he was of her and she had also resumed her PhD studies in the college. She was happy and content in her in laws house that she rarely misses her maternal home.
" Tejo ji, where are you lost " fateh nudged her. Tejo shakes her head and resumes playing with him. Though she was going to gift him this victory but only after she frustrates him first. Fateh being fateh tries to cheat by distracting her. She huffs at him and resumes to give him tough competition.

The virk family were sitting silently and doing their work when out of nowhere jasmine entered their house.
" Where is fateh? " she demanded them. They looked at her amazed by her audacity.
" In room with tejo bhabhi " mahi blurted out to Jasmine who stormed towards Fateh's room. Amrik tried to stop jasmine, " Jasmine, fateh veer will get angry, he doesn't not like people disturbing him " but jasmine went on to flaunt that fateh loves her and will never get angry on her. Mahi controls the urge to laugh on jasmine's face. Jasmine is still leaving in her dream land where fateh veerji still loves her, she really needs to open her eyes and look at the truth.

Fateh was almost taking the lead when knock on the door distributed him which made him lose his lead. Tejo smirked at him as she resumed the lead. The banging on his door continued , tejo was going to open the door but fateh stopped her, paused the game and went to open the door. He was going to literally murder the person who distributed him from almost winning the game . The last time it was that jasmine and this time god knows who came. He opened the door and he finds Jasmine standing here which makes him more angry.
Fateh wonders that what enmity does Jasmine has with him that she has to distrub him every damn time he was going to win. Blocking her number was not enough that she still finds a way to annoy him.
" Fateh " jasmine gives him her cute smile and fateh wants to puke on her antics. How did even fall for this stupid smile?, he was surely drugged when he fell for that. He looked back at his wife who looked back at him questionsly and he shakes his head and then she smiles at him. Her smile was heartwarming and precious nothing compared to jasmine's stupid smile which is totally selfish.
" Fateh, tejo has blocked my number from your phone " jasmine complains thinking that now fateh will scold tejo in front of her and profess his love for her. Tejo will surely understand that though fateh is angry with her but still loves her.
" I blocked your number from my phone not tejo ji. Now leave " fateh calmly tells her not losing his anger.
" Fateh, I know you're angry with me but you still love me... " jasmine goes on to tell him all the stupid things he has done in the past for her so called love which finally makes him lose his patience. He was still standing here controlling his anger only for the reason that she is his wife's sister.
" Jasmine, I don't understand in which language should I tell you so that you finally get this in your brain that I don't love you anymore. Please stop stalking me and spare me" he barked at her which made tejo get up and come rushing towards him to calm him down. His whole family also rushed towards his room.
" Fateh calm down " tejo puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.
" Tejo take your hands off my fateh,  Don't touch him " jasmine screams at her. Tejo takes her hands off him flinching at her sister's tone but fateh holds her hand.
He glared at jasmine but jasmine was still remains obvious, " Fateh don't use tejo to make me jealous "
The whole virk family standing here looks afraid except Mahi who was enjoying jasmine's insult, " The world doesn't revolve around you miss jasmine sandhu. I would never stoop this low to use tejo ji to make you jealous. Stop assuming things and stop trying to ruin my married life. You could not be a good lover but atleast try to be a good sister. Stop using tejo ji as your punching  bag "
" But fateh she is the reason for our breakup " Jasmine accuses at tejo who was hurt by her sister's words.
" Wow Jasmine, wow. You're still struck in that. How about the time when you and your whole family ruined tejo ji's life by getting her married to that fraud guy by guilt tripping her? Tejo ji should have never forgiven you and your family but still she did. Have some shame jasmine " jasmine for a moment looked ashamed.
" Par fateh you love me " Fateh looked at her murderously before slamming the door on her face. Jasmine stood here stunned at the insult. Mahi started to laugh at the spectacle.Jasmine stood here for five minutes waiting for fateh to open the door and apologize to her but all she heard was fateh screaming that he has won something and now it was Tejo's turn to pay. She ran away crying. Mahi hoped atleast now jasmine has learnt her lesson.

" Tejo ji, see I won " fateh still could not keep himself from bragging about his victory. Tejo huffed but smiled inwardly. She thought jasmine's inference had ruined everything for the night but she has never been so wrong. After slamming the door on Jasmine's face, fateh had demanded a rematch and they had continued to play.
Finally after lot of struggles,Fateh had won and he could not stop himself from flaunting about it. He did not tell mention Jasmine once also and For first time, Tejo believed that jasmine was really a closed chapter in Fateh's life and for the first time she dared to hope that fateh and she can actually work than friends. Fateh looked at tejo who was busy lost thinking something else he guesses that it was about the drama Jasmine created today and finds that he did not like her worrying about it.
He pulls her on the bed next to him suddenly making her suprised , " tejo ji, don't worry.... Jasmine. She will be alright okay " Tejo looks at him surprised for a moment.
" okay " tejo smiles laying next to him. Fateh turns towards her looking at her, satisfied with the smile on her face. He sighs, he was quick enough to assume that he was in love with Jasmine but he doesn't want to rush now, he wants to enjoy this feelings before he gives it any name. He was happy right now laying next to his wife and he did want to trade this for anything in the world he decides.