pyar tune kya kiya

I wrote this before fatejo marriage. so the plotline is little different. I have published this in the Indian forum long ago before fatejo marriage took place. I wrote this shot based the news rumours

" I can't accept this marriage " fateh had made it clear to her in their wedding night itself. Tejo could be lying if she says she was not hurt by his words. She knew she was not supposed to get hurt by it, she knew fateh loves Jasmine and he will never love anyone else but the pain was not because of fateh loving his sister, she was pained because of her own fate. She had gotten two times married both to the wrong men who married her because of their own motives. Jass married her for money and fateh married her for his family's reputation which Jasmine had ruined by running away at last minute. Fateh's job had gotten cancelled, he had said the same to Jasmine promising her that he will get her to Canada by applying to another job but Jasmine was not happy. She wanted to cancel the marriage still fateh got Canada's visa on his password but sandhu's forced her to comply with the marriage. She being the elder sister tried very hard to make her understand but Jasmine was not understanding, she only cared about Canada.
Jasmine had left letting them know in the letter that sandeep had come to take her and she would soon call them to Canada. The sandhus were humiliated, fateh was boiling in rage and she was made a scape goat by her own family who thought she knew about Jasmine and let her do it . Forced by everyone tejo unwillingly took jasmine's place and sacrificed for her family like everytime. She promised to herself that this will be the last time that she could sacrifice for anyone as she left her maternal home. Her in laws treated her with cold shoulder. Tejo swallowed her hurt and took every hurtful words silently.
" you knew about Jasmine ,you always know " fateh accused her.
" I did not know fateh, I really did not know " she defended herself trying to maintain eye contact with him but fateh was beyond explanation.
" Nimmo maachi was right about you, she warned me but I did not listen. You have manipulated jasmine and send her away right" fateh spat out. Tejo decided she had enough, Fateh's words broke her. He accused her of manipulating her own sister , why would she do something like that. Was her friendship nothing to him.
" where is Jasmine, tell me " he grabbed her shoulders angrily shaking her. Her chest tightens in pain as she looks at him before pushing him away.
" Enough fateh, I don't know where Jasmine is but yeah I will find her. Give her to you and go away. Today you have not lost Jasmine, you have lost me as well by your words. Jasmine and my whole family has lost me as well. I'm done being used " she says and moves to the washroom to change her dress. Fateh looks at her before he throws everything in the room out of anger.
The next few days , tejo silently fulfilles everything which was excepted from daughter in law. She does everything so well but never complaints about the taunts given by the relatives. She rarely glances at fateh except the time when she was supposed to act as his wife.
" We are supposed to act as happy couple in front of your family. Don't think I'm doing this out of my own happiness. I'm doing this because of your family " she replies to him when he accuses her of coming close to him in front of everyone .
She ignores her own family except her cousin who defended her when she was accused of her own sister's mistake.
His family warms up to her because of her innocence and her nature. Fateh watches in sidelines as he watches his family falling in love with his wife slowly. He tries to accuse her of trapping his family but she shuts him up by telling him again that she has no such intentions and she will leave him as soon as jasmine is found. If tejo was avoiding him before, she started avoiding him as plague after that particular accusation. She goes back to teaching in college, makes herself busy in work and home that she makes sure he rarely sees her in bedroom. His heart aches everytime he sees her smiling with his siblings and even with his friend. He did not want to admit but he misses her friendship, he misses her smile which was directed towards him. He felt jealous of his own siblings who could confide their problems with her and she could try to solve them for them, he even felt jealous of his own parents whom she cared about and spends most of her time with. Jasmine had gone leaving him betrayed but tejo had left him leaving a void in his heart which widens everytime he sees her. Sadly he realized that Jasmine was his obession which has ended but tejo was something more. He tried to restrict himself to not think about tejo but how could he restrict his heart which could flutter in joy everytime  she was near him and how could he explain his restlessness when she could avoid him.

He fell in love without even wanting to. He fought very hardly against his own feelings only to surrender towards it.
she could even take care of him even though she should not, he did not deserve her care.
" you don't need to take care you know. I'm fine " he said to her as she applied medicines to his wounds
" I know you don't like me touching you. But Your family doesn't know. Please let me do what is expected of me "
Her reply had pierced his heart and he felt horrible that she doesn't even realize that how deeply he was in love with her. How he wanted her not Jasmine. He decided that he could gain her back and woo her. He tried to mend their friendship with small gestures which did not go unnoticed by her.
" we can't go back being friends " she replies as she returns his gifts and walks away.
" I don't want to be friends with you either " he mutters as he looks at the gifts she had returned. Fateh did not realize their marriage had completed six months until she gave him the divorce papers and to his shock jasmine had come back and hugged him whispering how sandeep had fooled her and narrating how tejo had found her and made her realize his love and how she will wait for his Canada wala visa.
" I fulfilled my promise " tejo firmly tells him and walks to his room. His family looked unhappy with the developments. The sandhus had arrived at the same time when he had pushed Jasmine away from himself.
" I love tejo " he confesses before he rushes to his room to stop her from leaving.
She was throwing her clothes in her suitcase when he enters and empties her suitcase by throwing her clothes out.
" what are you doing? " she shouts at him.
" you're not leaving " he says to her as he tries to throw her suitcase away as well.
" Jasmine is back " she replies to him and snatches the suitcase from him.
He grabs her shoulders and shakes her, " I don't want jasmine, I want you. I love you "
He confesses , tejo looks up in shock. She shakes her head not believing it. How can he fall in love with her in six months when they never had any moments. She avoided him most of the time and he has only accused her.
" No you don't, you love jasmine. You're just angry with her. Don't use me to hurt her " Tejo pleads to him.
Tejo picks her clothes and puts them back in the suitcase.
" I am not using you to hurt jasmine tejo. I will never lower myself that much but I do love you. Believe me. What can I do to make you believe my love for you. I will do anything "
Fateh was desperate. He knew if she walks away now he could never have her back. Tejo turns towards him and Searches his eyes for lie or dishonesty but could not find any. She did not know what to do.
" I don't know " she sighs.
" Be here with me, let me prove my love for you " he holds her hand asking earnestlly for a chance. His hands felt so warm , tejo did not want to free herself from it.
She found herself incapable of hurting him with her rejection, "okay I will stay but I can't face jasmine right now nor my family "
" I will manage everything you just stay here with me " a smile tugged on her lips with his reply. She nods. He walks out of his room only to see jasmine being held back by Amrik into rushing into his room.
As soon as jasmine sees him, she frees herself and rushes towards him to hug him but he steps back.
" Look Jasmine I'm not angry with you anymore . You and me can't work out. I don't want to go to Canada anymore. I love Punjab and I love tejo " he confesses to her. Jasmine was startled by his confession and thenshe started ranting about how he should not use tejo to hurt her. She started sputtering nonsense and he could control his temper
" stop this. I don't love you nor I ever did. Yes I was infatuated with you, yes I was obsessed with you but that was not love. I love your sister and I love her so much. Understand this " he firmly said to her but Jasmine was not ready to listen. He asked Amrik to throw her out.
" I will ask tejo to explain to you. She will make you understand " jasmine was beyond logic.
" Tejo doesn't want to do anything with you and her maternal family for a while. So I request you and your family to go before I throw you out. When my wife is ready to face you people I will call you back " his request was not taken lightly, the sandhus did their own drama. His family and theirs started to fight.
" stop this, I have never seen family selfish like this. You ruined her life with your Canada obession. Got her married to a fraud Guy without any investigation. It was fortunate enough he left with jewellery and Money. What if he had  tried to play with her dignity. Give her break. Take your another daughter and go for now before I'm forced to get guards to throw you people out. Don't try to trouble tejo outside or I will forced to get restraining order against her own family " fateh yelled at sandhus. Sandhus went out dragging a screaming jasmine who still was in delusion that he loved her.
His family retired to their rooms after concluding how unfortunate tejo was that she was born in that selfish family.
After months of restlessness,as fateh made his way to his room. He felt clarity and peace. He had the woman who was the love of his life as his wife and unlike jasmine she understood his dreams and kept his family first and him first and he had his dreams of getting gold medal to his country. He is feeling finally content after a long time and he was not going to lose it for anything in the world. He smiles and continues walking towards his room.