Falling in love

I had written this one shot long back when I thought Jasmine will leave fateh to marry some Canada guy, remember the time fateh left his house for Jasmine and leaving alone. At that time Jasmine had gotten ready to meet some other guy. I had already published this in Indian forum long back.

" You should have been here" Tejo tells to him as she narrates how she had pranked amrik today with maahi.
Fateh laughed throwing his head back hearing about her and his sister's antics. He laughed freely and Tejo joined him. He observed her face to see her wide smile and he was mesmerized by her beauty for a moment. One month before if someone had said fateh that he would be this happier without Jasmine, he could have mocked at the person's face. Jasmine was his whole world, he could never think of a life without her but he was wrong here was a life without Jasmine, a life where he was happier than he was with her.

The fact that Jasmine was marrying someone else and her marriage was in two days did not remotely affect him made fateh proud of his development. He was heartbroken one month before about her marriage, he had pleaded her badly. Begged her and the only thing he did not do was fall on  her feet but she acted as if she did not care.
Tejo tried very hard to make her sister understand but Jasmine was beyond anything to understand after she met the guy and spoke to him. Disappointed with Jasmine, Tejo turned her attention to fateh and tried to make him okay and make him understand her sister was not worth it. Jasmine only wanted to go Canada and that was her obession she may like a guy but she would never let go of her Canada obsession for anything.

Fateh spurned her away at starting and spend his days doing nothing except moping around. Tejo had still came every day trying to make him understand when that did not work, she came to his new place to fight with him daily. Tired of her annoying nature, fateh fought with her to take out his frustration. Fateh's siblings and friend were shocked with this new development. They had taunted and insulted tejo because of her sister but once they realized that tejo was very opposite to her selfish sister they tried to help her. For fateh fighting with tejo had become routine something which takes me away from jasmine's thoughts and reduces his pain. So he fought with her with full strength. Called her names and even got called some. Finally when he felt he had no frustration to take out he became quiet and listened to her talks. Her annoying voice had some how healed him back.

After seeing he was no longer moping over Jasmine she had literally pushed him to go back to his house with help of his siblings and friends. He had gotten forgiveness from his father and his family for betraying them over some Jasmine's love and He was back to his boxing career much to everyone's happiness.
Tejo still remained very close to him, he could meet her once in a day atleast for some break and relief after long boxing practices. She could motivate him sometimes, make fun of him but she could bring a type of calm in his life which he needed very badly.  Tejo could never speak about Jasmine and he never asked her about it. Jasmine was a closed chapter in his life, now when he thinks about Jasmine he sees a immature girl who has this crazy obsession for Canada and will do anything to fulfill it. He admits she was beautiful and he was charmed by her beauty but she was not worth the pain he got in the end. He abandoned his own family for her but she refused to not even acknowledge his efforts and love and even used him at some point. Whatever was his feelings for Jasmine but he got tejo in the end and for that he was thankful to her. Tejo whom he could rely on, who could always be there and understand him. Tejo whom his family liked and adored so he did not regret anything which happened. For someone who came from the family whose only dream was to go to Canada, Tejo's only dream was to be in her own country and village and accomplish her dreams here which only made him respect her more and resent her family for emotionally blackmailing to marry jass which shattered her but she was very strong to overcame the situation and still love her family after whatever they did to her. The more he observed her the more fateh fell in love with her character and her thoughts. Her ever so positive nature warmed up his family also. Amrik and mahi always looked up to her for any advice because tejo had this special charm for making people understand. She even made simmi di come back to Punjab away from her abusive husband and his father though angry and upset with simmi di welcomed her back.

" Tejo ji how did you manage to know about simmi di's situation while talking with her for only few times " fateh asked her confused. He never knew about his sister's bad situation whenever he spoke with her.
" Fateh here are things which family will never notice.You never noticed because you never in your dreams thought your sister will be in such terrible situation. When I spoke with simmi di the very first time  I could see some sort of fear in her eyes and her injuries which she tried to hide in disguise of accidents. I have dealt with such cases in my college so I knew how to deal with such cases. Simmi di had this feeling that she has to live in that abusive marriage till Her death because she married against her family. Once I made her understand that is not the case and made aunty ji to speak with her. It was easy to bring her back with some police help " tejo explained to him easily.

" Tejo ji, Did someone tell you how charming and good you are " tejo flushed at his compliment but frowned when he thanked her.

" No sorry and thank you in friendship " she smiled at him before she left to her house telling she had important work. What she did not tell him was jasmine's engagement was happening at night but she was busy bringing his sister back that she left her sister unattended which had upset jasmine and her family.

His family had fully warmed up to tejo when tejo's college principal who had been his father's friend had seen her in his house before she left and revealed how her family keep mentally torturing her for Canada but girl had stood Her ground most of the time.

" She is so good that she had even got scholarship in so many universities in aboard including Canada but she rejected all that because she wanted to study and raise in her own Punjab unfortunately she is born in that family who don't see anything beyond Canada " The principal had said feeling sympathetic towards the girl. His father was fully impressed with tejo's ideologies because that was what he believed. Without his knowledge as she had conquered his heart, she did the same with his family. Tejo had become a part of this family within a month of properly knowing them. His family wished the same thing as he wanted, his mother and others started dropping hints to him which he playfully shrugged off to annoy them.

"we are taking your rishta for tejo " his father announced the family's decision tired of fateh's tantrums.
" okay " fateh agreed silently and walked off fighting back his smile. Later when he was happily sitting in his room imaging his future with tejo, he was caught by buzo and his siblings who started beating him for annoying them with his denial everytime.

He had met tejo in their usually hideout to confess his love.

" I love you and I want to spend rest of my life with you " he had confessed to her and she looked stunned with his confession for a moment. His heart thumps fastly anticipating her reply. He brushes off all the negative thoughts and looks at her hopefully.
" I love you too but if you're thinking of marriage you should start calling me tejo instead of tejo ji or I should start calling you fateh ji instead and it would be so odd " she replies to him and he again stuns her by taking her hand kissing her knuckles. She blushed furiously as she freed her hand and ran away as if he could attack her.

Jasmine was not happy with him marrying tejo. She kept on making it clear how against she was of their relationship. He ignored her. Her family had accepted his rishta and tejo's father looked most happy out of all. Their marriage date was fixed one month after Jasmine's. The teasing in his house had already begun. Inspite of not wanting to do anything with jasmine's wedding, he still went here in disguise of helping the family to spend time with tejo. Jasmine had accused him using his sister for taking revenge on her which angered him. He shut her off by blackmailing her that he will tell about her relationship with him to the Canada guy whom she is marrying. Afraid that her Canada dream will be ripped away from her Jasmine remained silent. He shrugs off nonchalantly whenever he sees Jasmine looking at him as if he had betrayed her. He instead focused on spending time with his fiancee who had zero knowledge about romance.
" Fateh, someone will see us " tejo was pushing him away. Her cheeks were red and she was fighting hard to hid her blush. He had cornered her in her room with great difficulty after bribing her own cousins.
" I don't care tejo, I'm only spending time with my fiancee. Is it a wrong thing to do?" He asks her innocently but tejo doesn't miss his mischievous grin which only makes her more nervous. Before  she could tell him to leave her again,He leaned in and kissed her on her cheeks silencing her. Her heart fluttered and Tejo could literally feel butterflies in her stomach.
"  Tejo puttar, idhar ha toh" her mother's voice breaks her eye contact. She runs pushing fateh away who only grins at her retreating figure.