4

I'm back from the dead sussy bakas

satan yeeted me into hell and i grabbed my suction cups and fucked off on out of there

anyways chapter ig

"So, can you tell me what happened since the last time I was outside? Things are definitely... different." Shuichi asked.

The two of them were walking side-by-side across the parking lot, towards a road. He seemed to know where he was going- at least he acted as if he did- but had yet to tell him where exactly they were going or give him any information about his colony of survivors he supposedly had back at his base. Shuichi was doing his best to trust him and listen to his orders, but he just seemed so unpredictable, and he wouldn't be surprised if he just led him to a ditch, pushed him in it, and left him to die as some sort of practical joke.

"Well, how long were you locked up in your house? Stuff's stabilized lately. It hasn't gotten much better, but at least there hasn't been any surprises. With how it is, surprises usually mean bad." He responded, kicking a stray chunk of asphalt an impressive amount of distance and watching as it crashed into an overturned shopping cart. "Goooaaaaaaaaaal!"

"Around six months. I remember seeing reports of sightings, and when my dad came back and told us he had spotted one himself, we were a lot more on edge. When the apartment building downtown was attacked, we decided to take in a few relatives and nearby people that didn't have anywhere to stay and fortify the house." He recalled.

"Jeez. That's a long time. Ooh! Ooh! I bet one of you went insane from the isolation! Did you have to lock em' up by themselves in a room to keep them from hurting someone?" He asked enthusiastically.

"Um, no, fortunately." He replied, a bit unnerved by how excited he seemed by the dark proposition. He swallowed, not quite ready to revisit the last detail of the situation but doing so anyways. "Th-they're all dead now. We got attacked this morning. I'm the last survivor. We probably only made it as long as we did from pure luck."

"Ohhhhh, okay. Gotcha." He nodded. "This apocalypse thingy really seems to favor stupid teenagers as who not to kill."

They had turned onto the road by now, the once-busy street lined with desolate buildings and scattered with abandoned cars. There was no need to bother walking on the sidewalk, unless somehow the creatures learned to drive, in which case what was left of humanity would be positively fucked. Fortunately, that hadn't happened.

He cleared his throat. "So, as I was saying. What exactly has changed?" He was very eager to change the subject.

"Ok, so you know about the big ol' fuckers. We still don't know where they came from, but they're all over the place. They're mostly out at night, and when it's daytime, they move in groups. They seem to be pretty smart. They've adapted to our behavior patterns and know that we're more active during the day, and that they have a better chance of getting killed if they hunt then." He said.

"Oh. Alright. Makes sense." He responded.

"Kay. So, do you know about the White Death?" He asked

Shuichi knew that was an alternate name for a lung disease, but doubted that was what he meant. Even so, he wanted to make sure. For all he knew, he was referring to a new strain or outbreak. "As in Tuberculosis...?"

He snorted. "Pfft, obviously not. I mean, yeah, that's a name for that too, but still no. It's what we call the fungus. People are uncreative and kinda recoined the name."

"Fungus?"

He sighed. "Wow, you're slow. Remember those things in the grocery store, and how they had mold growing all over them? That's the White Death. It started growing a while ago, after he monster attacks really started hitting us hard. Talk about bad timing. Anyways, it's an infectious mold that grows in kinda treelike patches all over the place." He started.