Strange people

•Mel's pov•

Seven years. I have been living in my bus, surviving for my life for seven years. Crazy. Feels like just yesterday I was enjoying my senior year of high school. But the government had to go and ruin that(as usual). What they thought was supposed to help us not get killed actually was the opposite. They sent up a bunch of missals into the sky and destroy the asteroid hurtling towards earth but the radioactive stuff came off the rockets and fell back down to earth and now we have giant gross monsters everywhere and it's scary as hell.

Today Boy was scratching at the door. I open the door. I grab a weapon and walk outside with him. We hear some commotion by the house. We walk around to the hole in the side fence. We watch this stupid boy stand and look at Mr.Walters(the frog in the pond). Boy runs and goes to help him. I try to catch him before he gets too far.

Me- Boy!

Boy helps the stupid boy. I sigh and get up. Mr. Walters slams the boy into the fence. Mr. Walters tongue comes out and takes his foot. I throw my knife at the tongue and it cuts it off. The boy panics and looks at me from through the fence. He gives me a confused look.

Me- Come on!

The boy hesitates then gets up and runs through the fence. Boy follows. I run to the bus. The boy and Boy come in.

Me- What the hell were you thinking?!

I look at him.

Boy- Uh sorry. Look i've never been on the surface before and i-

Me- Just shut up

I plop down on the seat.

Me- I'm Melanie by the way and that's Boy

The boy pet's Boy.

Boy- I'm Joel

Me- Nice to meet you

Joel- So....Where are you going?

Me- Nowhere. Where are YOU going?

Joel- Gonna see my girl

Me- Really? A girl actually found...you..attractive? Wow

Joel- Haha yeah

Me- So you're an idiot basically

Joel- Well...uh...no, not not really

Me- Joel. Look at me

He looks at me. I lean forward putting my elbows on my knees.

Me- When was the last time you saw this girl?

Joel- Seven years ago

Me- Ok...

Idiot.

Me-And how far are you traveling for this girl?

Joel- Seven days

Me- Wow ok. And do you know where you are going?

Joel-....West

Me- Ok.

I sit back.

Joel- That...that's it?

Me- What?

Joel- That's all of the questions?

Me- Yeah, why you want more?

Joel- No....

Me- Ok...well you're welcome to stay

Joel- Nah i gotta get going.....You...you wanna come?

Is he serious?

Me- Are you being serious right now?