5.

I woke up to the sun slipping through my blinds, shinning into my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the time.
9:32am
I reached for my phone seeing a few notifications.
Snapchat from Elle and text messages from Niall.
iMessage 30 minutes ago
Niall Horan:
Good morning!!!
Wake up!
Hello!
Ugh.
I'm at the airport
I'm in my seat.
they said to put the phones on airplane mode.
See you soon sweetheart

I chuckled and couldn't help but feel butterflies after reading his last message.

Have a safe flight! See you soon :)

Even though he wouldn't be able to read it until after he landed, I sent it anyway.

I had about 3 hours to get ready before Niall arrived.
After we made the plans for him to stop in Chicago, the week went by so slow. I feel as though when I'm looking forward to something that's usually how it goes.

But it's finally Wednesday.

I reached for my glasses, gave Rudy a good morning kiss and took him out.
As he went outside I got myself and Rudy a cold glass of water, a bowl for him.

These Midwest summers are no joke. At least some of the days.

"So Isn't Niall coming today?" My mom asked. With a smirk already on her face.
I nodded taking another sip of water.
"Just be safe"
"Mom" I groaned
"I'm just letting you know!"  She put her hands up in defense
"Do we have a picnic basket?" I changed the subject not wanting to talk about sex with my mom.
Although, my sisters are open about that type of stuff with my mom. I can't be, I feel like it's awkward, I'm super private about that stuff with my family at least. Elle on the other hand, knows everything. Mostly because she prys at it until she gets an answer.

With no luck, my mom came back up from the basement without a basket.

I should've done this sooner.

I ran back upstairs, to get ready, shower, hair makeup.

Since he wanted to spend time here, in my town I thought a picnic would be fun. Since there's nothing else to do around here.

I drove to target, and surprisingly found a few. I got a medium sized basket.
I loved grocery shopping. I find it to be relaxing. Walking up and down the isles, looking at all the selection.
It's fun.
As of now I have French bread, lunch meat, 3 different types of cheese. Strawberries, blueberries, grapes, a wine, 3 types of chips, water, juice. Sandwich toppings and a blanket. That's seems good... right? I want to take as much as I can, I don't really know what Niall likes and want to give him a variety of options.

Maybe this isn't a good idea.

I sighed and walked to check out anyway. It was overall a 45 minute target experience.
Probably shortest target trip to date.

Getting home, I threw my hair into a pony tail and prepped all of our food.
I hope this fits in this basket, I should've really got a bigger one. I placed everything in there, my Tetris skills have sure come in handy.
I loved that game in middle school, playing it on my iPod all day.I glanced at the time, 12:57

Niall's flight lands in about an hour or so.
Thank god, I still had to fix my hair.
I set the picnic basket aside, Walking back to my room to fix my hair.