chapter four : in denial

They both went back at Ningguang's apartment right after finishing their heavy breakfast because Ningguang's stomach seemed to be so full she might even throw up since she isn't used in consuming a full meal. Besides that, Beidou is also obliged to get her car so she told Ningguang about planning to go back in Dawn Winery, crossing her fingers that Diluc took care of her precious car.

Meanwhile Ningguang was too busy pacing back and forth across her room, her mind couldn't stop to think how Beidou is being stunning today. Especially her words who seemed to have an extreme effect on Ningguang.

"Everything about you is still perfect the way it is and that is something unique that I've always liked right from the start."

Ningguang didn't know what she truly meant but the sentence intrigued her so much to the point that it's basically occupying her mind. Even though that Beidou clarified it as being friends, her mind thought otherwise. She tapped her own cheeks lightly, wondering why she's being like this all of a sudden when it's really unusual for her to behave this way.

She lit up her smoking pipe and puffed out some smokes, her form of temporary distraction to ease up her mind and to also erase unwanted thoughts but with Beidou being with her all the time will never make her mind peaceful.

For her, Beidou has this charm that attracts Ningguang in a way. Everything about her is making her heart go insane. She didn't know that distance would make her eventually fall for Beidou. After all those years of being friends together in high school and college; all those sweet nothings from Beidou. She only realized by now that Beidou is indeed a one in a million.

The missing piece on her puzzle.

But she shouldn't love her. Everything is too late. It's too heartbreaking to see that the person you like is currently settled upon someone else's. So this is why Ningguang should avoid Beidou.

Right now at this moment, she's debating whether it's a good plan to let Beidou stay at her apartment. A part of her regrets the idea while the other side totally agrees upon it.

After finally calming down her senses, she opened her cabinets since Beidou kindly asked for some spare clothes because she wanted to shower. This is difficult for Ningguang after all they both have a different sense of fashion although.Beidou told her that everything will be fine. But ninety percent of Ningguang's wardrobe contains dresses and all sorts which doesn't really fit her style. In short, she's pressured with this challenge. But at the back of her mind, she wanted to see Beidou wearing that type of clothing but then again she had to erase her mind, not wanting to sound pervert for slightly fantasizing Beidou.

She spread out five different outfits, laying them randomly hoping that she would create a charming style for her. It took her a while to see the clothes but luckily, she impulsively brought clothes she admired last year which are kind of suitable for Beidou's style.

She picked out the best clothes: a black sleeveless semi crop top paired with white sweatpants. She remembered wearing them as comfortable clothes but she isn't really interested with those type of style.

After being in a dilemma at choosing clothes, she folded the chosen ones and grabbed new undergarments and some toiletries for her.

She walked towards the other bathroom and attempted lean against the door, "Beidou, here are the clothes you asked for, open—" she was startled when Beidou immediately pulls the door, sending Ningguang to fall over her bare chest but luckily, Beidou caught her, preventing both of them to fall against the cold floor.

Ningguang quickly pulled away and was even more surprised to see Beidou half-naked, only wearing her unbottoned long-sleeve polo along with her panties, not to mention she didn't have a bra under her shirt which slightly exposed her boobs.