chapter five : chase

When Beidou left the car she's surprised to see Ningguang trailing behind her again, "No, stay inside the car it's too hot outside." she demanded while shading a palm over her eyes, "I can handle this, okay?" she tapped her shoulders.

But Ningguang is still pissed with what Beidou had said earlier which explains her ticked off mood, "Don't order me around." she clicked her tongue and flipped a hair, "This is taking too much off my schedule and I'm willing to get it all over with." she sounded so annoyed which caused for Beidou to smile and chuckle a little.

Beidou scratched the back of her neck shyly, "Okay, I guess I really need someone to cool off my anger just in case." she shrugged and flashed a genuine smile, "Ah, you might as well wear sunglasses. I don't want the sun bothering my- the lady boss." she quickly corrected and turned away, covering her flusteredness with a fake cough.

Ningguang also grew herself hot so she retrieved her hand from Beidou's touch and grabbed her purse full of wealth and pulled her Chanel shades, "Indeed I should. It's blinding me." she pretended to not hear what she had almost said and proceeded to wear her expensive sunglasses, "Get going, will you? Time is of the essence." she spat sassily and marched off, unknowingly walking towards the opposite direction.

"That's the wrong way!" she chased and grabbed her by the hand gently, dragging her to the right direction now while Ningguang's too preoccupied by the fact that their holds are touching at one another. Somehow, she felt safe.

Of course, Beidou didn't mean to hold it but there's something bothering her as soon as they got out of their vehicle. For a split second, she felt eyes darted across them, observing every move they take. This doesn't feel good for her which is why she mustn't be absentminded at this point. Right now, she's doing what it takes to not put Ningguang in danger since she had now marked herself as some sort of ally and considering for the fact that Ningguang is one of the most powerful individuals in Teyvat, someone in competing with the Fatui Harbingers.

Beidou noticed the awkward atmosphere so she broke in the silence enveloping them, "Sorry, I'm scared that something might come up since I'm with you." she reasoned and retrieved her hand away, embarrassed at what she'd done again.

With that statement, Ningguang brushed it off casually, pretending to act normal when it's attacking her heart to the depths of her stomach, "It's your job to protect me. What's with the apologizing?" she scowled, still annoyed.

Beidou chuckled, a music to her ears, "Okay! I thought I made you uncomfortable." she grinned widely.

Who wouldn't blush really hard if someone's treating you that way? Ningguang's heart fluttered at how gentlewoman she is.

They now proceeded inside the large area of the towing station. Lots of parked cars covered with dust, waiting to be impounded. As they walked together, they went towards someone who might be in charge.

"Yo! Have you seen a red Chevy Camaro?" she asked among the two innocent looking boys, "An ugly looking red haired man requested to tow it away. I'm guessing y'all paid him for that, huh?" she rose a brow and placed a hand on her waist.

His tag name says he's Bennett while the other one's Razor. Bennett pressed his hands together when Beidou started demanding for her car, "Yes and if you're trying to have it back then you must pay a large fine." he explained then Razor nodded.

Beidou puffed in annoyance, "And what law did I disobey to deserve this? Anyway, how much mora?" she folded her arms, "Tsk! That Diluc had the audacity to sell my car as some sort of revenge!" she mumbled under her breath, also growing pissed.

"Twenty million mora." Bennett gleamed, "By the way, your car looks sick. That's our dream car, right Razor?" he elbowed his friend who nodded and smiled thinly.